Spring Vegas Going 4 Wide (1 Viewer)

Just read this. I've heard pros and cons on 4 Wide racing. IMO, it seems like less racing for fans to see. Personally I enjoy watching 2 cars, not 4. I'm not sure my senses can absorb 4 cars at once. Would much rather see 8 pairs of 2 cars than 4 groups of 4 cars. More difficult on the drivers as well. Seems like a gimmick and should be an exhibition and not a points race to me. Not a fan. Just my opinion.

Just read this. I've heard pros and cons on 4 Wide racing. IMO, it seems like less racing for fans to see. Personally I enjoy watching 2 cars, not 4. I'm not sure my senses can absorb 4 cars at once. Would much rather see 8 pairs of 2 cars than 4 groups of 4 cars. More difficult on the drivers as well. Seems like a gimmick and should be an exhibition and not a points race to me. Not a fan. Just my opinion.
And one less round of racing on Sunday with 4-wide! Personally I always felt they should take the first two across the line and make them run a final round.

David, I never looked at it that way, but yes, if they are going to run it that way, I totally agree that the first two cars in round 3 should run a final round. Especially with ticket prices as they are.

And one less round of racing on Sunday with 4-wide! Personally I always felt they should take the first two across the line and make them run a final round.
That's actually a great idea David, then all of the complaints about getting shorted a round could go away.

I don't care to see 4 wide but if they do it in Vegas I will go at least once. To be honest, Vegas 1 does not draw a huge crowd. If this helps the attendance then its a good move. I would like to see them do something other than eliminating the race. We've heard this rumor every year and it has yet to materialize.

Vegas 2 is a three race set for the sportsman racers and two close by races for the Pro's to wrap up the season.

That really boosts participation.

I agree that a 4 wide should be an exhibition race, but with a twist: 4 lanes, 4 pro classes. TF in one lane, FC in another, PS in another and PSM in the 4th ALL AT THE SAME TIME! Run off of some time of index (national records). Can you imagine watching TF and FC run-down PS and PSM!?

I agree that a 4 wide should be an exhibition race, but with a twist: 4 lanes, 4 pro classes. TF in one lane, FC in another, PS in another and PSM in the 4th ALL AT THE SAME TIME! Run off of some time of index (national records). Can you imagine watching TF and FC run-down PS and PSM!?
Or run handicap off low ET in qualifying and race #1 qualifiers. I don't think I want any car in the other lane with a motorcycle though. Maybe add pro mod.

I thought I would like 4-wide. Even went to it once, while the sound and power was cool you have no idea what was going on. Thought maybe it would be cool on TV but it was even worse. I don't even bother to watch that event most of the time now. If it's one race, I don't care, but now if they are adding the long rumored Vegas and with as many tracks as Burton owns, I worry as to how many more tracks he would do this with.

Less total runs, one less round on Sunday. I'm just not a fan of it. Yes, I'm a born and raised SoCal old schooler that misses real 1/4 mile racing too. It was a cool exhibition at first and would even be a cool specialty race since we don't have the Winston anymore but I just don't like it as a points race. I really don't think you get your money's worth as far as the amount of runs being basically cut in half. Everybody has their opinion on it, this is just mine. I've heard a lot of people say they get kind of lost with it too with so much going on at once.

I have an idea, keep it four wide, but only run two cars at a time. Have one side prepped for nitro, and the other side prepped for pro stock. I know of one certain retired pro stock driver, known as the Professor, that would've loved that idea. :D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back