Some questions re: the new mater (1 Viewer)

As far as the pros posting or not posting here, I don't blame them if they don't want to talk drag racing on their off time. I don't want to talk work on my time off, Hell I won't even answer the phone if the caller ID shows my work number!

Is there any truth to the rumor(s) that Jim Jannard and/or Don Schumacher is/are more involved in this board than just being "Verified Member(s)".

If so, what exactly is his/their involvement and what is hoped to be gained by it?

>>>>CONTROL

Ironic, but I've seen less of Don on the "new" mater than on the "old" mater

>>>>JJ HAS DONE HIS JOB WELL

Really! I thought this new format was going to bring them back in Droves??

>>>>HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH

yeah and post like that will bring them back

>>>>THEY WERE NEVER COMING

Well, one thing's for sure.....we know what kind John Force wears.

>>>>POST OF THE THREAD

We could even take the solution one step further, for the individuals who are so very disappointed with the "New Mater" they could just discontinue their visits and frequent elsewhere.

>>>>WHAT PEOPLE THAT DON’T APPRECIATE ANYONE’S OPINION BUT THEIR OWN REALLY WANT

Now, this is the POST of the thread.:cool:

There's a lot of room in cyberspace I hear. Room for more message boards if the ones that are now available aren't to anyone's particular tastes. :p :D ;)

If people are falling asleep at the 'new' Mater, there's always the Burndown Lounge on Deepstage. You can use screen names and flame anyone as much as you want in that forum as it's unmoderated. Some of the 'missing maters' must surely think they've died & gone to Heaven in there. :p ;) :D

Fail to understand your affliction with the "Lounge" at the other place. You claim to have never visited there, but seem to know a lot about what goes on in it.:confused: They have their place just like this one does. The mater and deepstage both have their good and bad points,

Last edited:
Fail to understand your affliction with the "Lounge" at the other place. You claim to have never visited there, but seem to know a lot about what goes on in it.:confused:

Well, Robert, it's like this. I was posting there at the time the posting turned vicious and nasty (again from just a handful of people) when Sharky decided to keep that crap off the main board. He opened the 'Burndown Lounge' and told everyone that they could flame anyone and everyone as much as they liked in that Forum, but not on the main one.

So, you see, I saw the content of the messages that caused the Burndown Lounge to be created in the first place. You can understand now, that I don't have to actually be in there now, to know what goes on in there, can't you? ;)

But nice try. ;)

Since you have to ask Sharky to set you up to post in the BDL, why don't you just ask him if I ever requested to be set up. If people need that sort of hateful dialog and content in their lives, that's their choice. I don't. It's just that simple.

Last edited:
As far as the pros posting or not posting here, I don't blame them if they don't want to talk drag racing on their off time. I don't want to talk work on my time off, Hell I won't even answer the phone if the caller ID shows my work number!
I heard that. That's the precise reason I try to avoid hanging out with people I work with. Seems like the discussions always end up about work somehow. Yuck!

I don't know about the drag racers you know, but the ones I've known will spend all day at a track and spend all night talking about drag racing.

They ALWAYS talk about drag racing. :D

A lot of people here are making the mistake of assuming they want to be on here. Unfortunately, that isn't the case. I have a good friend on a pro team who's been around for almost 15 years. He knows the general mood and attitude of people around the track. And he has told me several times that they don't care about this board or who's on it or what's being discussed. Not to mention they don't have time to mess with it. As sad as it is, Nitromater has a reputation, and it isn't a good one.

Shan,

Nitromater got a bad rap due to alot of bashing that was going on over the past year or two, and that is why the changes were made a few months ago. It has helped. Even so, the old Nitromater had some really good stuff going on, such as disseminating information about a young boy in California that had a somewhat rare infection that got a BUNCH of racers to rally support for him and his family. We also collectively did a nice thing for one of our members, Hiprogerr, and pooled our money, and some talent, and got him setup on a new computer system so that he could get back on the 'Mater. Then before the whole Gilby/BB incident a year or so ago, one of our members, Drew (Plex03) Perry's son, who has Muscular Distrophy, got treated to a fantastic deal for a birthday weekend at the races (Chicago I believe) where he got to be an honorary Team Member with his own crew shirt, and his name was put on Bob Gilbertson's Funny Car and he got to be in the pits as part of the team, etc. That was all a Nitromater created connection, and it was an unforgetable deal to him, and something great that came out of being a member here on Nitromater.

Pro's lurk here all the time I'm sure, and I agree they don't have as much time as we think to post, but if it was meaningful to them they would. Life is all about relationships, and many have been developed here between fans and between fans and some of the Pro's. That's a good thing in my book.

Last edited:
I can see no reason that good things can not happen via the 'new' mater.

There are plenty of people still connected with some of the pros who used to post here. The word will get out when/if there are special circumstances and needs.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back