Some questions re: the new mater (1 Viewer)

lmhb oyf

Nitro Member
Since no one seems to want to ask (and I know for a fact others are wondering) and I'm curious myself...

Is there any truth to the rumor(s) that Jim Jannard and/or Don Schumacher is/are more involved in this board than just being "Verified Member(s)".

If so, what exactly is his/their involvement and what is hoped to be gained by it?

What is his/their role(s)?

I would say there is no truth to that rumor. I will let J-Rod or Shannon give the official response.

I don't know why it happened or who is/was involved.

The only thing that concerns me is verified members giving non-verified members (their close friends) their log-in information and letting them post away. You can call it paranoid or you can call it lessons learned about some of the 'old maters'.

I can't speak for the Madman himself but I do know for a fact that he was a long time proponent of Real Names and verifiable identities as was I. We discussed the need time and again.

That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if his support to Jerrod and Shannon wasn't a little more than moral support to bring the new board to life. I know I would have chipped in.
Still will if the need is there!
I don't mind debating my position with another but doing so with a ghost leaves one's opponent without regard to morals, scruples or responsibility.

Really! I thought this new format was going to bring them back in Droves??

Yea they are lined up as far as I can see. They just can't wait to start posting about what meal your favorite driver likes best. What color underware RC wears, where RC will be every minute of the day, what magazine RC will be on/in this month throught the year 2020. Everybody trying to one up each other in the Oakley attire wars. I am all for real names but some of these topics lately will put you to sleep.

I can't speak for the Madman himself but I do know for a fact that he was a long time proponent of Real Names and verifiable identities as was I. We discussed the need time and again.

That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if his support to Jerrod and Shannon wasn't a little more than moral support to bring the new board to life. I know I would have chipped in.
Still will if the need is there!
I don't mind debating my position with another but doing so with a ghost leaves one's opponent without regard to morals, scruples or responsibility.

I liked the paid member deal on the old mater and would do it again.

Since no one seems to want to ask (and I know for a fact others are wondering) and I'm curious myself...

Is there any truth to the rumor(s) that Jim Jannard and/or Don Schumacher is/are more involved in this board than just being "Verified Member(s)".

If so, what exactly is his/their involvement and what is hoped to be gained by it?

What is his/their role(s)?

Its just that, a rumor....

Even though I'm sure its the plain simple truth Jarrod you could have embellished it a little . LOL

As for alot of the pros coming back, I see it has happened some. Just scroll thru the members list. They might not have posted yet, or might not never plan to, but they are here, just take a look:

Don Shoe, Jim Jannard, Robert Hight, Doug Herbert, Dean Antonelli (who I believe is Ashley's C/C right?), Mike Ashley, George Bryce, Matt Smith, etc. I could keep going, and I know I left some out but thats just off the top of my head so forgive me. Brent Tavers who is the Executive Producer of Driving Forces tv show on A&E.

Personally, I think the new mater is great.

Yea they are lined up as far as I can see. They just can't wait to start posting about what meal your favorite driver likes best. What color underware RC wears, where RC will be every minute of the day, what magazine RC will be on/in this month throught the year 2020. Everybody trying to one up each other in the Oakley attire wars. I am all for real names but some of these topics lately will put you to sleep.

That's the week-off syndrome if you ask me, but I do agree the Topics can get boring.

Justin I agree I can't understand all the negative posts about something we all care for. I mean why pick at a wound or defect till you bleed like a stuck pig.
It costs no more to post positive things about people you like rather than post something negative about some perception that
1. May not even be correct.
2. Don't amount to a hill of beans.
3.May offend the person or his family which might not be the intent.
4. Has no effect except to make you look like a cad.
Which BTW might be correct.
A good rule for negative posts is to say to yourself , self will anybody care 20 years from now and find something better to do.
Though the site has slowed down alot it is still the best.
Like our friend Jarrod who visited quite often after the change I'm afraid he along with others might have to be summoned by the circled waggons [ mods ], you know the calvary thing.

Also I wouldn't expect people to start rushing back just because we claim there is a change. I would expect drivers to be sceptical until its known if the changes are in attitude are temporary or not.

What color underware RC wears, where RC will be every minute of the day, what magazine RC will be on/in this month throught the year 2020. Everybody trying to one up each other in the Oakley attire wars. I am all for real names but some of these topics lately will put you to sleep.
Hmmmm.....I missed the underwear thing. Sorry, but there are Capps fans here that do like the updates. I apologize if you find these topics boring......just skip them. Or better yet.....start some yourself! Oh, wait you have started a couple. So sorry. :)

Hmmmm.....I missed the underwear thing. Sorry, but there are Capps fans here that do like the updates. I apologize if you find these topics boring......just skip them. Or better yet.....start some yourself! Oh, wait you have started a couple. So sorry. :)

How 'bout it Ron... is it Brutt Green undies? I just gotta know....not :)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back