Some questions re: the new mater (1 Viewer)

As for alot of the pros coming back, I see it has happened some. Just scroll thru the members list. They might not have posted yet, or might not never plan to, but they are here, just take a look:

Don Shoe, Jim Jannard, Robert Hight, Doug Herbert, Dean Antonelli (who I believe is Ashley's C/C right?), Mike Ashley, George Bryce, Matt Smith, etc. I could keep going, and I know I left some out but thats just off the top of my head so forgive me. Brent Tavers who is the Executive Producer of Driving Forces tv show on A&E.

Personally, I think the new mater is great.

Most of the one's you list, were here before and seldom posted, if at all. So to say that they are here now, isn't really relative.:rolleyes:

I agree Robert, that most of them were here before, but there are some new ones as well.

Really! I thought this new format was going to bring them back in Droves??
A lot of people here are making the mistake of assuming they want to be on here. Unfortunately, that isn't the case. I have a good friend on a pro team who's been around for almost 15 years. He knows the general mood and attitude of people around the track. And he has told me several times that they don't care about this board or who's on it or what's being discussed. Not to mention they don't have time to mess with it. As sad as it is, Nitromater has a reputation, and it isn't a good one.

Guys and gals,

This thread is not about Kelly or Capps so ease up there folks. As the old saying goes, if you don't want to read the stuff then don't click on it.

I simply asked a question or two about a subject that is being tossed around quite a bit and to many of those people is the reason they've chose not to participate.

Please don't use this as a springboard toward attacking others or unrelated issues.

Last edited:
Doesn`t matter if it`s an off week or not Joe, it`s pretty much Capps updates 24/7 around here.

Although I hardly click on the Capps updates, it is nice to know that at least Capps is getting publicity for and out of the NHRA.

Deby puts up updates for the other teams on the News section but last time I tried, you couldn't respond to those updates.

People are busy. Especially professional racing teams/owners/drivers. Ask any of them if there are ever enough hours in their day. I would hope they are spending most of their time figuring out a way to go faster, get more sponsorship dollars, go more rounds etc., rather than come one here and debate the merits of boxers versus briefs. :p

Here is the way I look at it: when I signed up for the "old" mater, not many pros posted anyway. I came here because many people with similar interests to mine were posting here. No other reason. If more pros choose to post here, then that's great, if not, I think we can all get on without them just fine. I, like many other people here, would like to see more drivers/owners post here, but it doesn't make the 'Mater any less of a place if they do not come.

I am glad we are posting under real names now to limit some of the hating and ridiculousness, and if the board remains somewhat sane, I think you might see some pros pop in every now and then. I think it is unrealistic on every level to expect much more than that. I think instead of wringing our hands and fretting why they are not here, we should try to make the board as good as we can for us, so it will be all the more positive if they do come. How we post/deal with/treat each other is a direct reflection on how any new poster can expect to be treated, including pros.

Last edited:
Although I hardly click on the Capps updates, it is nice to know that at least Capps is getting publicity for and out of the NHRA.

Deby puts up updates for the other teams on the News section but last time I tried, you couldn't respond to those updates.
Deby, Pete, Shannon and Jerrod work really hard to update the News Section. I go there often. Most of the stuff I post isn't sent out in Press Releases. It's just miscellaneous stuff I CHOOSE to share.

Sorry, Drew......I know this isn't where you wanted this to head.

I think it's great when someone wants to post some news about their favorite driver. That means if I'm interested in reading about it I don't have to go to 20 different websites a day to find the information myself. :p

Kelly, I'm glad when you post about an update to Capps' blog. Otherwise I would forget to go check and would never read it. See, I'm not the Brut junkie that Kelly is, but I still like to read the stuff.

If it's someone you don't much care for then skip the damn thread. How hard is that? I think it's highly unlikely that anyone here reads ALL the threads posted on this site. Surely you can skip the ones you don't really care to read. It's easy, give that old mouse a workout. :D

If it's someone you don't much care for then skip the damn thread. How hard is that? I think it's highly unlikely that anyone here reads ALL the threads posted on this site. Surely you can skip the ones you don't really care to read. It's easy, give that old mouse a workout. :D

Excellent post!
We could even take the solution one step further, for the individuals who are so very disappointed with the "New Mater" they could just discontinue their visits and frequent elsewhere.
This could clear up the very problem they are so concerned about?
Just a thought?

Yea they are lined up as far as I can see. They just can't wait to start posting about what meal your favorite driver likes best. What color underware RC wears, where RC will be every minute of the day, what magazine RC will be on/in this month throught the year 2020. Everybody trying to one up each other in the Oakley attire wars. I am all for real names but some of these topics lately will put you to sleep.

I can't help but wonder, if you're not interested in RC, why do you read a thread about him? :confused: And, even if you're not interested, someone else might be. That's how it works.

Maybe your computer is different then mine, but I have no device that comes out and forces my right finger to click on a thread. I open the ones I think I might be interested in, and don't open the one's I'm not. And, if I find out I'm not interested in a thread once I'm in it, I simple get out of it. Not hard, really.

With as many of the "Pros" who have been burned on this board over the years, it is no wonder those who have joined/rejoined may be taking a 'wait & see' approach to the 'new' mater. Who the h*ll needs to come on a message board and take a beating? These people are actually doing the stuff everyone on here likes to talk about. It's too bad that a small number of people had to ruin things for the others. I'm quite sure that sarcastic remarks about them not posting will really encourage them to do so. :D But hey! I could be wrong. ;) :D

While there are alot of Capps postings by Kelly that is her choice to post them. She is not forcing us to read them. (Kelly, this is not a bash!). :)
That is what is great about this site, anyone can post about their favorites but everyone doesn't have to read them. :D

I am glad to know that at least some of you are interested in the news stories posted here....It is set up where you can't respond directly to the post but that doesn't mean they can't be discussed in the appropriate forum elsewhere on the site...

Is there any truth to the rumor(s) that Jim Jannard and/or Don Schumacher is/are more involved in this board than just being "Verified Member(s)".

If so, what exactly is his/their involvement and what is hoped to be gained by it?

>>>>CONTROL

Ironic, but I've seen less of Don on the "new" mater than on the "old" mater

>>>>JJ HAS DONE HIS JOB WELL

Really! I thought this new format was going to bring them back in Droves??

>>>>HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH

yeah and post like that will bring them back

>>>>THEY WERE NEVER COMING

Well, one thing's for sure.....we know what kind John Force wears.

>>>>POST OF THE THREAD

We could even take the solution one step further, for the individuals who are so very disappointed with the "New Mater" they could just discontinue their visits and frequent elsewhere.

>>>>WHAT PEOPLE THAT DON’T APPRECIATE ANYONE’S OPINION BUT THEIR OWN REALLY WANT

If people are falling asleep at the 'new' Mater, there's always the Burndown Lounge on Deepstage. You can use screen names and flame anyone as much as you want in that forum as it's unmoderated. Some of the 'missing maters' must surely think they've died & gone to Heaven in there. :p ;) :D

Yea they are lined up as far as I can see. They just can't wait to start posting about what meal your favorite driver likes best. What color underware RC wears, where RC will be every minute of the day, what magazine RC will be on/in this month throught the year 2020. Everybody trying to one up each other in the Oakley attire wars. I am all for real names but some of these topics lately will put you to sleep.

Nfshotrod,
Welcome "Brut-Basher", although it seems to be negative feed back......press is press !
P.S. = Next magazine cover RC will be on, the next August issue of National Dragster after RC wins in Brainerd ! *Don't hate the points leader, hate the game..........* PEACE :D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back