Short fields (2 Viewers)

15 each FC and TF in topeka?.......too bad dale creasy jr. is a no show at topeka, tek pak FC scheduled to compete the following 3 weeks
in a row.......BIR / cordova / indy. wow. ....... BIR still one short in TF, hoping scott palmer decides to show.......brainerd will mark the end of 5 races in 6 weeks.

Scott Palmer will be in Topeka ... Alex Laughlin is driving his car.

They had full fields in Topeka until Haddock and Hull withdrew at the last minute. With Hart on the list and not attending, we will be down to 14 cars in Top Fuel this weekend.

They had full fields in Topeka until Haddock and Hull withdrew at the last minute. With Hart on the list and not attending, we will be down to 14 cars in Top Fuel this weekend.
what's up with Hart?

there is an obvious problem recently filling 16 car pro fields. there are many reasons, but the obvious one is money. racer payout vs. expense of racing.
also recently nhra has adopted the 3-day nat. event strategy.......this weeks race at topeka is a perfect example of what IS happening VS what could be happening.
when you have a large facility such as topeka that can handle a lot of racers; why can't events like this still happen over 4 days with increased sportsman fields?
wouldn't increasing the gate from more racers more than offset the hard costs of racing a 4th day? seems like a fairly simple way to add to the bottom line and in turn
pass a few dollars along to your touring pros, which in turn fill fields, attract fans, attract sponsors..........what am i missing here?

there is an obvious problem recently filling 16 car pro fields. there are many reasons, but the obvious one is money. racer payout vs. expense of racing.
also recently nhra has adopted the 3-day nat. event strategy.......this weeks race at topeka is a perfect example of what IS happening VS what could be happening.
when you have a large facility such as topeka that can handle a lot of racers; why can't events like this still happen over 4 days with increased sportsman fields?
wouldn't increasing the gate from more racers more than offset the hard costs of racing a 4th day? seems like a fairly simple way to add to the bottom line and in turn
pass a few dollars along to your touring pros, which in turn fill fields, attract fans, attract sponsors..........what am i missing here?
I think planning this season would have been a nightmare. A “better safe than sorry” approach was probably the way to go. I’m going to sit out criticism of anything planned last year.

They are probably lucky that the supply lines like nitro have so far kept going. The industry I’m in is just now being affected by last year.

I live near a Kenworth truck plant. They have what looks like 1000 trucks in the fields waiting on simple electronics from overseas.

Last edited:
I have heard that this chip issue is what is causing the shortage of rental cars. When I flew into Burbank for Pomona, National had one car in their lot!

I have heard that this chip issue is what is causing the shortage of rental cars. When I flew into Burbank for Pomona, National had one car in their lot!
I understand that the rental companies provide new cars for their customers but, why would you sell off your inventory of 1 or 2 year old cars and trucks expecting a shipment of new rental cars at this time?

I understand that the rental companies provide new cars for their customers but, why would you sell off your inventory of 1 or 2 year old cars and trucks expecting a shipment of new rental cars at this time?
The rental cars came close to going out of business in 2020, cuz of covid. No customers. They sold the cars to have cash to stay alive. I think Hertz actually did bankruptcy. Now the rental companies are trying to buy cars, even used cars, to fill their fleets. What a mess..... In the past, sometimes you could get a good deal on a rental car that was being sold. Of course, a lot of them were "what's the cheapest I can rent" cars.....

don't feel sorry for rental car companies. they don't pay sales tax on vehicles they purchase. they did sell off their inventory, and are now sticking it to us consumers
at 200%+ increase in price.

still don't understand why certain nat. events can't be 4 days with expanded sportsman fields. the racers would show up, and the events would move more money,
benefiting all.

don't feel sorry for rental car companies. they don't pay sales tax on vehicles they purchase. they did sell off their inventory, and are now sticking it to us consumers
at 200%+ increase in price.

still don't understand why certain nat. events can't be 4 days with expanded sportsman fields. the racers would show up, and the events would move more money,
benefiting all.
Anyone who buys tools to make a living can claim them on there deductions, cars are the tools of rental car companies, as for the gauging no excuse and should not be allowed, pretty sure it’s not legal, don’t know who is supposed enforce that

...........cars are the tools of rental car companies......
i understand what you are saying, but there are smaller companies/apps that offer a similar peer-to-peer car rental service that are not tax exempt, and the big car
rental companies lobby state governments to make sure these smaller companies pay sales tax on purchase of vehicles.

i understand what you are saying, but there are smaller companies/apps that offer a similar peer-to-peer car rental service that are not tax exempt, and the big car
rental companies lobby state governments to make sure these smaller companies pay sales tax on purchase of vehicles.
I know when I bought cars Trucks materials for the purpose serving customers I didn’t have to pay sales tax but I had to pass on tax costs to customers as well as pay tax on profits, not familiar with rental car companies tax structures or Uber, retired now, thanks for the info

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back