is this the first short pro stock field ?? (1 Viewer)

camaro

Nitro Member
been following pro stock a long time and i cant remember anyone receiving a bye, because of a short field. Pretty sad, but on the other hand, there are 25 cars entered for the next race at Brainerd Minnesota, so maybe its just that, not to many teams want to make the trek out west anymore

been following pro stock a long time and i cant remember anyone receiving a bye, because of a short field. Pretty sad, but on the other hand, there are 25 cars entered for the next race at Brainerd Minnesota, so maybe its just that, not to many teams want to make the trek out west anymore

I am at a loss for what your trying to say? Pro stock, and i think I am safe to say this, I have been a fan since 1998 and I don't think I EVER seen a short ps field

Up until 1985, some events (Montreal, Baton Rouge, Fremont, Atlanta) featured eight cars fields and would routinely draw 10-12 entries, even for Pro Stock.

The 1978 Grand National Molson event in Montreal had just 7 cars for an 8 car field. The following year, there were 8 Pro Stock cars but that included Jim Cook's Camaro which was actually a Modified Eliminator car (He qualified with a 10.00, using a conventional four-speed rather than a Lenco).

Also interesting to note that the Indy field has already reached it's quota of 30 entries this year.

He's saying that there are only fifteen P/S's listed on the NW Nats entry list.

Entry lists.....I don't ever go by the useless forms, there nothing but a base idea. Mainly all the drivers that signed up for the race before the season started. not the new guys

Entry lists.....I don't ever go by the useless forms, there nothing but a base idea. Mainly all the drivers that signed up for the race before the season started. not the new guys

most of the time your probobly right but the last 2 entry list for for Denver and Sonoma i believe was dead on

Everytime time we sign up, they have us on the list within 1 or 2 buisness days. I think they do a pretty good job.

We all get up in arms when we see short fields, but is anyone really surprised? Very, very few people have race operations that are funded outside of their own wallets. Having said that, and without getting political, I'm actually astounded that there are as many cars out there given the economic climate over the past few years, and continuing now. Everyone on this board knows what it costs to run these cars, and it's simple math: when businesses and the people who own them are doing well, more play money is available. That's not the scenario for many right now.

heard recently the stk and sstk fields @ BIR will be full @ 60....no more.
in years past there have been 100+ stkrs. there.
don't understand the 'quota' either; especially if the racer's gate money is
so lucrative to the NHRA?

heard recently the stk and sstk fields @ BIR will be full @ 60....no more.
in years past there have been 100+ stkrs. there.
don't understand the 'quota' either; especially if the racer's gate money is
so lucrative to the NHRA?

Not a fan. And I bet it has something to do with espn and the huge 6 hour block. I only watch the final 2 hours.

Interesting to hear on the qualifying broadcast that the last short field in NHRA Pro Stock was 1978 . . . that's a long time ago!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back