Seems like 6.90 is what NHRA wants (1 Viewer)

They are going to past 6.90 you watch!

It's funny Angelle gets the first 6.80's and then they make sure she holds on to the record at least for a little while! ;)

I'm glad everybody will wieght the same that should stop the speculation and gives Matt and Evan a little satifaction! :D

This is just plain idiotic! :rolleyes: Knock them all back down to 600 lbs like it used to be.

Also, now that they've all got to weigh the same they need to even out the cubic inches too. ;)

Thanks Bob!

Weight is even now. But would it be fair to say that Buells may have a slight advantage? If there is an advantage I would base it on Matt Smith's previous passes?

That's because they penalized Matt by adding 10 lbs but after Angelle's performance they couldn't do nothing so NHRA came up with this sollution.

This all started when Matts performance was so good at St. Louis and there knee jerk reaction they added (unfairly as far as I'm concerned) 10 lbs to the Buells so with Angelles performance last weekend they had to do something!

I wonder how long they are going to stay this weight... Well this is at least an unsaid declaration of NHRA's mistake... If they are giving everyone more weight but taking weight off Buells they must think the previous 10 was severe...

CJ Curtsinger

They are going to past 6.90 you watch!

It's funny Angelle gets the first 6.80's and then they make sure she holds on to the record at least for a little while! ;)
I agree - 6.90 will get blown away even with the 620#'s.

And not that I am huge Angelle fan or anything, but what did you want them to do? Enforce a rule change in the middle of the race so that she couldn't run a backup? She had the performance this weekend plain and simple. Next weekend it's gonna be Matt Smith probably - but that will be fine?

Or perhaps you are just saying the change gives her security? I really don't know - that's why I ask.

I really have a hard time following the mentality on here sometimes. People are so quick to bash, you know.

DLB

Last edited:
I agree - 6.90 will get blown away even with the 620#'s.

And not that I am huge Angelle fan or anything, but what did you want them to do? Enforce a rule change in the middle of the race so that she couldn't run a backup? She had the performance this weekend plain and simple. Next weekend it's gonna be Matt Smith probably - but that will be fine?

Or perhaps you are just saying the change gives her security? I really don't know - that's why I ask.

I really have a hard time following the mentality on here sometimes. People are so quick to bash, you know.

DLB

No bashing here note the ;) !
Her performance was awesome but I wonder what Matt would have done without the added weight? :rolleyes:
They are all even now so as far as I'm concerned it's all good!

I bet you're right Bob. Matt would have been ahead pretty good this weekend already. But, he'll do fine.

DLB

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back