2020 Pro-Stock Schedule (1 Viewer)

Rat

Nitro Member
Here

Taking away Pro-Stock at Denver? Goodbye to the challenge. Goodbye to the class as I didn't think NHRA had a way to kill this class more. They found a way. Denver was one of the few things that still made Pro-Stock Camaro interesting. 2020 is the 50th anniversary of the class. I doubt there is a 51st year.

Not running at Gateway in Madison during the countdown either... I suppose the MMPS will replace them at VMP at the end of May?!

Last edited:
Not running at Gateway in Madison during the countdown either...
I've always thought it was odd that PSM ran the full countdown with their shorter seasons. It seemed to me that a 5-race playoff was more appropriate (if this format must be used). I will say, pitting at St. Louis can be very tricky, so that probably played a role, if this isn't an error.

I am shocked they are taking pro stock away from Brainerd. Minnesota probably has the strongest ties to the pro stock class over anywhere. Plus BIR just paved a huge section of their pit to bring pro stock over to the same side of the track as the fuel cars. I'm curious to see the other "specialty" classes schedule now.

Wow no Joliet either. That really sucks. I hope they bring in MMPS or bring Pro Mod back for the first time in a long time to replace them.

Here

Taking away Pro-Stock at Denver? Goodbye to the challenge. Goodbye to the class as I didn't think NHRA had a way to kill this class more. They found a way. Denver was one of the few things that still made Pro-Stock Camaro interesting. 2020 is the 50th anniversary of the class. I doubt there is a 51st year.

Pro Stock is almost daid. So, your last sentence is probably correct.

all the way to west coast for sonoma and seattle, then all the way to northern new england two weeks later. good luck with that.

Hmmm...no Pro Stock cars or bikes for Brainerd....they really seem to be phasing that race out...
i'm not sure the 2020 PSB schedule has been released yet. BIR did not have PSB in 2019 and instead the nitro HD's were there. next year PS takes a break from BIR, just as they did at 6 events
this year. I would suspect PSB will be back at BIR in 2020.

In a way Denver makes sense, I do not know how much the extra cost is to run those parts for only one race but I would imagine not running Denver and not being on the road for three weeks will help save a few bucks, However the two times Ive been to Denver and from what I have noticed on tv the Denver fans stand out as some great fans who enjoy pro stock, not too many people (compared to most races) left the stands and are enthusiastic when they came to the line, they also put on a pretty good show this year with 18 cars and several Fords showing up and the fans seemed excited about it. I wonder with Pro Stock not heading up there next year if Pro Mods could fill the void especially with it possibly being a good test session for the World Series of Pro Mod in August.

Well at least Epping gets Pro Stock back next year. I can't say these changes are all for the best for the class but I am glad my local event gets it back..

as bad as prostock has gotten, I'd still rather watch 15 camaros then Top fuel where maybe 5-6 cars stand a legitimate chance to win while they send 10 junky oil leakers down the track over and over.

as bad as prostock has gotten, I'd still rather watch 15 camaros then Top fuel where maybe 5-6 cars stand a legitimate chance to win while they send 10 junky oil leakers down the track over and over.

Maybe you could expand on your comment and tell us the 5 or 6 cars that have a chance of winning and the 10 that are junky oil leakers?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back