Driver/rider let go during qualifying!!! (1 Viewer)

O heel yea . Are those your mags thats awesome I wish I still had mine .I would LOOOOOOOOOVE to run our funnybike at the big show . ADRL has a pro mod bike class but it is freakin 1/8 mile and 1/9 racing is for JR DRAGSTERS lol

Yep, and in mint condition, (Thanks to Mrs. Trett) they'll be passed on to my kid if I ever have one, actually they'll come with me in my next life.

A litte more for you since you are a bike guy...

IMG_5622.jpg

IMG_5621.jpg

IMG_5623.jpg

Now stop hating on my buddy Wayne :)

You are correct BUT you dont question another rider you go to the crew chief or team owner . So was Rivas trying to get in Matts head to cost him a race ? Im sure Torco would have really loved to lose the championship because Matt got out of his race mode and made a mistake due to a disgruntled X employee ???
It was qualifying. Not only did it not cost him in any aspect of the race, he went faster and quicker in that qualifying round than he had in previous rounds. Matt was in the last pair in that qualifying round, four pairs after Chris was supposed to run (but the bike wouldn't go into gear).

The only mistake a disgruntled employee could have made under race conditions would have been to not take a dive IF they had been given a chance to race with a competitive machine, but that didn't happen.

I really do hope Evan and Latrell are following this.

Man LAng,Cooper,and Elmer all in one post . Thats a post right there . I figure ill see tong next weekend in Fl . Just hope we get the parts in so we can race.

Im not hatin on your lil bud lol .He just seems to think every post I make is directed to him lol . :cool:

It was qualifying. Not only did it not cost him in any aspect of the race, he went faster and quicker in that qualifying round than he had in previous rounds. Matt was in the last pair in that qualifying round, four pairs after Chris was supposed to run (but the bike wouldn't go into gear).

The only mistake a disgruntled employee could have made under race conditions would have been to not take a dive IF they had been given a chance to race with a competitive machine, but that didn't happen.

I really do hope Evan and Latrell are following this.

Ya knwo now that i think of it ..... BEfore we ever pulled the PSB to the line the rider always went thru the gears to double check it was back in N . But didnt notice untill he got to the line ??????? Maybe Rivas was paid to shake it up and try to get matt out of his game to cost him the championship ????? How that for a twist

Ya knwo now that i think of it ..... BEfore we ever pulled the PSB to the line the rider always went thru the gears to double check it was back in N . But didnt notice untill he got to the line ??????? Maybe Rivas was paid to shake it up and try to get matt out of his game to cost him the championship ????? How that for a twist
Put down the bottle and walk away from the computer. It was third round qualifying!

A issue like this can change the complete focus during race day .Glad to see Matt keep his focus and show them all whats up even with the woops i pulled the dead man trick and go ahead chip " YOU CAN DO IT "

Put down the bottle and walk away from the computer. It was third round qualifying!

CP – Rickie, please tell us what happened with Chris Rivas in the middle of the race.

Rickie Smith – We just had a little disagreement. That’s about all I can say. He come back there to Matthew (after the aborted third qualifying attempt)and made a little smart comment right before Matthew made his run this morning and my daughter’s actually the one who came up and told me what happened. So I just come straight back to the trailer and told Chris, before Matthew even got back after his run, I told Chris he was done, to get his stuff and leave

This is from Torcos comp plus site

Last edited:
CP – Rickie, please tell us what happened with Chris Rivas in the middle of the race.

Rickie Smith – We just had a little disagreement. That’s about all I can say. He come back there to Matthew (after the aborted third qualifying attempt)and made a little smart comment right before Matthew made his run this morning and my daughter’s actually the one who came up and told me what happened. So I just come straight back to the trailer and told Chris, before Matthew even got back after his run, I told Chris he was done, to get his stuff and leave

This is from Torcos comp plus site
Right before actually means 3 or 4 pairs back. It's not like they had the starter on the crank and were ready to fire the bike. :rolleyes:

let's just say they could... and J-rod for letting us do it... you've noticed links to stories... and pictures... listen to the disclaimer at the beginning and end of anything you see on ESPN or any network broadcast... the same disclaimers are on every page at NHRA.com, and I'm sure at 1320TV, Summit, Torco, DRO... I just picked up 5 paperbacks, and they all say the same thing....

just the way it is...

d'kid

I believe the NHRA would have a tough time proving monetary damages for us posting time and results...This, of course, would be neccessary for them in order to litigate..

Also, because this would be a dedicated drag racing fan site that they were suing, I think they would be shooting themselves in the foot in a bad, bad way...

I wouldn't be worried about the NHRA for coming after you for posting the results...Besides, there are some first amendment issues there, as well...

HEHEHEHEHEH dont bet your house on that .There will be some rule "changes " coming real soon and the new I4 motor will be in competition real soon . Add that to the new STOP THE V MOVEMENT and it will be suprizin to alot of people what happens next year .Unless you follow motorcycle racing you wont even know half of the riders in the feild ;);)

Clue us in Mr. Knowledge... :)

Might as well have .HAve you ever been 6's or near 200 on a bike ?
Nope, just 9.70's and mid 140's on a street tire bike. Doesn't change the fact that Matt was 3 or 4 pairs back. And it also doesn't change the fact that the rev-limiter was monkeyed with for no reason of the fact that they specifically told Chris not to touch the bike and then they tore the tranny apart and it mysteriously doesn't shift afterward. :rolleyes:

No sure doesnt but HE SHOULD HAVE NEVER NEVER APPROCHED MATT IN THE LANES . Focus is huge from the time you leave the trailer till you are icked up on the return road .Crap like this can get people hurt .Good thing Matt is a true pro and kept his focus and laid it down despite rivas crap

I believe the NHRA would have a tough time proving monetary damages for us posting time and results...This, of course, would be neccessary for them in order to litigate..

Also, because this would be a dedicated drag racing fan site that they were suing, I think they would be shooting themselves in the foot in a bad, bad way...

I wouldn't be worried about the NHRA for coming after you for posting the results...Besides, there are some first amendment issues there, as well...

Read the DMCA (Digital Millenium Copyright Act). It's perfectly legal to quote articles, post photos, etc. to comment on and discuss. Browse back several posts, I posted earlier in this thread about it.

If you want to see it tested just click the following link to a story about a news reporter that claimed copyright ownership of something that was not hers to claim and how the law applies:
When Naked Anchor's Attack! (Wizbang) No nudity despite the name of the link.

Even if she had been the legal copyright owner she still wouldn't have a leg to stand on because it's perfectly legal to quote articles for comment and discussion.

And here's another relevant story relating to the DMCA:
Michael Crook sends bogus DMCA takedown notice to BoingBoing - Boing Boing

A hand full of Pro star guys stepping up to run NHRA . And with DSR working on the next generation Zuki motor .It will be some good racin .

Considering that Rivas is already out of his ride, it would be nice if he would come up here and set this straight...I don't really know any details, but my hunch is that he doesn't deserve getting thrown under the bus here...They hired him because he is a racer...Instead of looking like jerks, Matt and Rickie could have just withdrawn the bike from competition INSTEAD of asking ANOTHER RACER to throw the race...I mean, would you think that Angie had any fun today? C'mon....no way...

Considering that Rivas is already out of his ride, it would be nice if he would come up here and set this straight...I don't really know any details, but my hunch is that he doesn't deserve getting thrown under the bus here...They hired him because he is a racer...Instead of looking like jerks, Matt and Rickie could have just withdrawn the bike from competition INSTEAD of asking ANOTHER RACER to throw the race...I mean, would you think that Angie had any fun today? C'mon....no way...
I don't know any of the parties personally but after reading a couple motorcycle forums for the past few years I can say that Chris Rivas is well respected and the other party is not.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back