Driver/rider let go during qualifying!!! (1 Viewer)

Wher your a hired gun you have a few options in situations .Rivas picked the wrong one for the past month or 2 .Im suprised he made it to even vegas and then he comes this weekend and runs his mouth to the boss son and its a conspiracy he was fired ?? Im suprised Rickie didn't smack rivas for disturbing him before he was to make a pass .We all know Rickie is a timebomb .Rivas made it out lucky i think

Wher your a hired gun you have a few options in situations .Rivas picked the wrong one for the past month or 2 .Im suprised he made it to even vegas and then he comes this weekend and runs his mouth to the boss son and its a conspiracy he was fired ?? Im suprised Rickie didn't smack rivas for disturbing him before he was to make a pass .We all know Rickie is a timebomb .Rivas made it out lucky i think
Torco wanted Chris to finish the season on the bike. You know, Torco, the guys that sponsor both bikes on that team? Rivas has unusual problems with the bike at the final race of the season. He questions the problems, and Matt's sister runs to daddy and tattles on Chris. Replacement rider's leathers were already there, as was replacement rider, so Chris is given the boot during the event. How convenient. I hope Evan and Latrell are following all of this.

Torco wanted Chris to finish the season on the bike. You know, Torco, the guys that sponsor both bikes on that team? Rivas has unusual problems with the bike at the final race of the season. He questions the problems, and Matt's sister runs to daddy and tattles on Chris. Replacement rider's leathers were already there, as was replacement rider, so Chris is given the boot during the event. How convenient. I hope Evan and Latrell are following all of this.
Great post; however it means nothing now.:(

Congrats to the Smith family!!:)

Next year, the Harleys will rule!!!:cool:

I hope so too. This one stinks! Chris had every right to question what was going on, looks like some members of the Smith family can't handle up front people!!

Next year, the Harleys will rule!!!:cool:

HEHEHEHEHEH dont bet your house on that .There will be some rule "changes " coming real soon and the new I4 motor will be in competition real soon . Add that to the new STOP THE V MOVEMENT and it will be suprizin to alot of people what happens next year .Unless you follow motorcycle racing you wont even know half of the riders in the feild ;);)

AI damn sure would not want of my PAID rider to question the team either . There is a time and place and that was not it and he was sent packing . Rivas handled the situation way wrong and now is without a major ride

You don't want your paid driver to question something that might effect his run, let alone is health/life??? :confused::confused::confused:

And why are you calling ME out; I'm not the only one here was disgusted by the way this was handled!!!

Oh, wait, I AM the big hater!!!:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Daang dude are you an attention whore or what ? RIVAS SHOUL DHAVE NEVER APROACHED MATT IN THE LANES BEFORE A RUN TO START CRAP NO MATTER WHO WAS RIGHT OR WRONG .O and lett me say this also I cant stand Rickie but he did what he should have .No go have a glass of milk and take your tums :cool:

You don't want your paid driver to question something that might effect his run, let alone is health/life??? :confused::confused::confused:

I agree, I think the rider/driver should question why his bike isn't performing or is breaking. If he didn't, I would take that as a "I don't care, my job is just to ride", whereas if he questions it and is actively seeking a solution to those issues, that's the kind of rider/driver I want.

Daang dude are you an attention whore or what ? RIVAS SHOUL DHAVE NEVER APROACHED MATT IN THE LANES BEFORE A RUN TO START CRAP NO MATTER WHO WAS RIGHT OR WRONG .O and lett me say this also I cant stand Rickie but he did what he should have .No go have a glass of milk and take your tums :cool:

Granted, there is a time and place for those sorts of issues. That sort of interuption can break up a run.

I agree, I think the rider/driver should question why his bike isn't performing or is breaking. If he didn't, I would take that as a "I don't care, my job is just to ride", whereas if he questions it and is actively seeking a solution to those issues, that's the kind of rider/driver I want.

You are correct BUT you dont question another rider you go to the crew chief or team owner . So was Rivas trying to get in Matts head to cost him a race ? Im sure Torco would have really loved to lose the championship because Matt got out of his race mode and made a mistake due to a disgruntled X employee ???

You are correct BUT you dont question another rider you go to the crew chief or team owner . So was Rivas trying to get in Matts head to cost him a race ? Im sure Torco would have really loved to lose the championship because Matt got out of his race mode and made a mistake due to a disgruntled X employee ???

I was under the impression that it was Matt's team. If it was heat of the moment, Rivas's judgement might have been clouded. Although the more info I'm reading, this issue was escalating.

It's a tough call.

This here is comical...

"My leathers were in the trailer, and I went home on Sunday and they left on Monday to go to Las Vegas, so my leathers were in the trailer because we had gone racing the previous weekend.”

Sounds like one of the kids in my class, she'd get a detention for a straight up fib! haha!

After reading everything, I still think it stinks and I have no respect for the Smiths!!!

HEHEHEHEHEH dont bet your house on that .There will be some rule "changes " coming real soon and the new I4 motor will be in competition real soon . Add that to the new STOP THE V MOVEMENT and it will be suprizin to alot of people what happens next year .Unless you follow motorcycle racing you wont even know half of the riders in the feild ;);)

Meh,

They need to bring back the fuel bikes at some of the races...

IMG_5617.jpg

Even funny bikes, heck the NHRA would draw more of a crowd if they had different bike classes on offer! But sorry I'm getting side tracked... And want too much!!

Last edited:
O heel yea . Are those your mags thats awesome I wish I still had mine .I would LOOOOOOOOOVE to run our funnybike at the big show . ADRL has a pro mod bike class but it is freakin 1/8 mile and 1/8 mile racing is for JR DRAGSTERS lol

Last edited:
MAtt is a class act .As For rickie well hes far from .Im waiting on a reply from a buddy who works for team torco to see what evan thinks of the issue

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back