Driver/rider let go during qualifying!!! (1 Viewer)

Considering that Rivas is already out of his ride, it would be nice if he would come up here and set this straight...I don't really know any details, but my hunch is that he doesn't deserve getting thrown under the bus here...They hired him because he is a racer...Instead of looking like jerks, Matt and Rickie could have just withdrawn the bike from competition INSTEAD of asking ANOTHER RACER to throw the race...I mean, would you think that Angie had any fun today? C'mon....no way...

The complete story will never be heard . I liek Rivas hes a super guy and a hell of a rider .He just handled a situation that was bad and made it worse the wrong way . Rivas will be back next year you can bet on that .Maybe he will go over to John Hammocks team and put the bike in the show THAT WOULD BE AWESOME . AS for Angie I can tell you she had fun .SHe loves to race and anyone is her position would have jumped their butts right on .

I don't know any of the parties personally but after reading a couple motorcycle forums for the past few years I can say that Chris Rivas is well respected and the other party is not.

This is mostly true .MAtt is a good guy Rickie not so much .But Rivas is a class act he just made a bad choice of timing in going to matt .

This is mostly true .MAtt is a good guy Rickie not so much .But Rivas is a class act he just made a bad choice of timing in going to matt .
There's a lot of guys back east that don't have much love for Matt either. I don't know what he did to piss off so many of them but there sure seems to be quite a few of them and they make it known they do not care at all for him.

Im sure it goes back to when he was on the timbaland chassis bike . He was taking names back then also .There was a big falling out .Prob like this deal .Matts fans will dislike Rivas now and Rivas fans will dislike MAtt .

No sure doesnt but HE SHOULD HAVE NEVER NEVER APPROCHED MATT IN THE LANES . Focus is huge from the time you leave the trailer till you are icked up on the return road .Crap like this can get people hurt .Good thing Matt is a true pro and kept his focus and laid it down despite rivas crap

From the Comp Plus article:

"...So, I got off the bike and I walked back in the lanes and I was going to kind of stand off in a corner, and Matt’s three or four bike lengths back, and he looks over at me and goes, What happened?...."

The way this sounds, Rivas did not approach Matt and had no intention of doing so until Matt asked a question. I guess he gave him an answer he didn't want to hear.

Read the DMCA (Digital Millenium Copyright Act). It's perfectly legal to quote articles, post photos, etc. to comment on and discuss. Browse back several posts, I posted earlier in this thread about it.

If you want to see it tested just click the following link to a story about a news reporter that claimed copyright ownership of something that was not hers to claim and how the law applies:
When Naked Anchor's Attack! (Wizbang) No nudity despite the name of the link.

Even if she had been the legal copyright owner she still wouldn't have a leg to stand on because it's perfectly legal to quote articles for comment and discussion.

And here's another relevant story relating to the DMCA:
Michael Crook sends bogus DMCA takedown notice to BoingBoing - Boing Boing
Copyright protected material takes a step or two beyond just being published. But, the material that is being paid for to produce by any entity should have the courtesy to be respected as the originating source and be referenced with links to the origin instead of pasting it into another medium without expressed permission. If for no other reason, it is a matter of respect. You can't right click and copy a photo off of the Auto Imagery site if the image isn't one specifically open to free distribution. Abuse the availability to copy copy-written materials, and you'll find that ability removed by those who provide it. IOW, link to it and give the sponsors of the sites what they are paying for.

Copyright protected material takes a step or two beyond just being published. But, the material that is being paid for to produce by any entity should have the courtesy to be respected as the originating source and be referenced with links to the origin instead of pasting it into another medium without expressed permission. If for no other reason, it is a matter of respect.
So you think that newspapers and news websites produce their work for free? They all pay somebody to produce the content yet it's still considered fair use to reproduce it for comment or discussion under the DMCA. Like I said eariler, do you think the people that run these political blogs and websites (many of them by actual lawyers, some even copyright lawyers!) are stupid or ignorant of the law? They copy sections of articles or entire articles all the time and they do it legally because they're covered under the fair use of the DMCA. It has nothing to do with respect, it has to do with what is and isn't legal.
You can't right click and copy a photo off of the Auto Imagery site if the image isn't one specifically open to free distribution. Abuse the availability to copy copy-written materials, and you'll find that ability removed by those who provide it. IOW, link to it and give the sponsors of the sites what they are paying for.
Really, I can't? Want to make a bet? As long as I don't try to pass off the photo as my own and try to make money off of it I can right click/save as all day long and nobody can stop me. I'm pretty sure the DMCA says I can. If I (and millions of blogs and websites) can post screen grabs of TV shows and post stills for comment then I can do the same for still photgraphs. Again, read the links that I posted above. If it's not OK then autoimagery.com better go after Google! autoimagery - Google Image Search autoimagery.com - Google Image Search A few adult websites sued Google for linking to their pics and they all lost. ;)

Last edited:
So you think that newspapers and news websites produce their work for free? They all pay somebody to produce the content yet it's still considered fair use to reproduce it for comment or discussion under the DMCA. Like I said eariler, do you think the people that run these political blogs and websites (many of them by actual lawyers, some even copyright lawyers!) are stupid or ignorant of the law? They copy sections of articles or entire articles all the time and they do it legally because they're covered under the fair use of the DMCA. It has nothing to do with respect, it has to do with what is and isn't legal.
Really, I can't? Want to make a bet? As long as I don't try to pass off the photo as my own and try to make money off of it I can right click/save as all day long and nobody can stop me. I'm pretty sure the DMCA says I can. If I (and millions of blogs and websites) can post screen grabs of TV shows and post stills for comment then I can do the same for still photgraphs. Again, read the links that I posted above. If it's not OK then autoimagery.com better go after Google! autoimagery - Google Image Search autoimagery.com - Google Image Search A few adult websites sued Google for linking to their pics and they all lost. ;)
You completely missed all of my points. Richard and Dave got smart and have their images on their site copy protected. You can not right click and copy or save an image that you don't pay for, or that they don't offer for free use. Some (most?) of the sites that they sell their work to don't have that protection.

You can have all the lawyers you want express their opinions on fair use, but they don't apply to every web based publication. Abuse is abuse, a lack of respect is just that, and when pirates abuse and disrespect the work done by some entities, those entities can and do make their material available by subscription only, or charge for individual usage.

If you or anyone else wants free access to info regarding this sport, have enough respect for those who provide it, and those who pay those providing it, to link to the info.

You completely missed all of my points. Richard and Dave got smart and have their images on their site copy protected. You can not right click and copy or save an image that you don't pay for, or that they don't offer for free use. Some (most?) of the sites that they sell their work to don't have that protection.
Just because the images are copyrighted doesn't mean that I can't right click/save as all day long! I might have to pay to get access to the section of the site they're hosted on but even if they have right clicking disabled there are dozens of ways around the right clicking issue and it's perfectly legal for me to save them for my own personal use. You must not understand what fair-use allows me and others to do.

You can have all the lawyers you want express their opinions on fair use, but they don't apply to every web based publication. Abuse is abuse, a lack of respect is just that, and when pirates abuse and disrespect the work done by some entities, those entities can and do make their material available by subscription only, or charge for individual usage.
Care to show me where fair-use only applies to certain websites and not others? Hint: you won't find it. Fair-use isn't abuse regardless of what you may think. Example: I can go to the pay area of the NY Times and read an article. I can copy the contents of that article and post it at my own personal blog or website for comment and/or discussion and it's considered fair-use. Out of courtesy I'd also post the link to the article (even though it wouldn't work for somebody that doesn't have a paid subscription) and I'd be completely legal under the DMCA.

If you or anyone else wants free access to info regarding this sport, have enough respect for those who provide it, and those who pay those providing it, to link to the info.
I'll link to it, but I can also legally copy and paste it somewhere else. ;)

6 pages and not one comment from Amanda ? The whole deal seemed a little suspicious but congrats Matt on the championship as he was the rightfull winner anyways based on the correct points system

6 pages and not one comment from Amanda ? The whole deal seemed a little suspicious but congrats Matt on the championship as he was the rightfull winner anyways based on the correct points system

Wow--7 pages talking about P/SB--and 2 other threads also! :D Would it be this much fun if they were replaced by P/M? :rolleyes:

maybe when matt and his family get done with the championship stuff they well let all of you people know what went down till then just chill!!!!!!!!!!!!

O heel yea . Are those your mags thats awesome I wish I still had mine .I would LOOOOOOOOOVE to run our funnybike at the big show . ADRL has a pro mod bike class but it is freakin 1/8 mile and 1/8 mile racing is for JR DRAGSTERS lol

The ADRL puts on a Great show, 1/8 mile racing is as tight as any I've seen, don't knock it till' ya see it.

The ADRL puts on a Great show, 1/8 mile racing is as tight as any I've seen, don't knock it till' ya see it.

Been to few ADRl and we will host one next year . Im just not a fan of 1/8 mile racing and I have raced ,watched,worked,and wrote articles about it . Just do NOT like it .

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back