Radio Control Drag Racing (1 Viewer)

The nitro cars out there do run a nitro blend. Anywhere from 40-60 %.

All my cars are electric.

You can get into a decent car with a decent radio for $400-$500

If you want a top of the line everything you can spend $1000-$1200 on a car pretty quick. Plus a lap top to tune it.

Nitro is about the same, maybe slightly higher depending on how much your engine costs. Some of the custom ported/machined engines can be $600-$800 alone.

Dang it Paul now i got to get some of my pics posted... guys if you search youtube IMDRA ROCK you will get some videos o f car we race here at Rockingham... We also just announced out 10 race schedule to be held at Rockingham Dragway also.... post some pics in a few...

Here is what I have been working on lately.

This is a 1/4 scale funny car, will run a 50CC Chainsaw engine.

I bought the car used, and I took it down to the bare frame, painted it, and I am starting over.

P1011101.jpg

P1011102.jpg

P1011103.jpg

P1011105.jpg

Paul, is that running a driveshaft with a ring and pinion style rear end? What kind of gear ratio are you running, and can you change ratios?

hangin' the laundry and everything! Cool!

Paul, is that running a driveshaft with a ring and pinion style rear end? What kind of gear ratio are you running, and can you change ratios?

hangin' the laundry and everything! Cool!

Yes, there is the clutch bell that is attatched to the driveshaft that goes into the rear end. There is no other gear options that I am aware of. I am not sure what the gear ratio is. I never took it apart to count the teeth.

Paul, I see you run in Brainerd, but do you run 'em here in town as well? If so, where. I'd love to stop by and check the action out.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back