More radio control! (1 Viewer)

Just Paul

Nitro Member
UPS dropped off a new toy for me today. Most of you know by now I am pretty big into radio control cars, and I could not pass a chance to own a little bit of history. In the 80's, a company called Pacesetter was making 1/4 scale funny cars and dragsters, and made a VERY limited run on a Gary Ormsby streamliner car in 1986-87. I never thought I'd find one, but sure enough one came up for sale a week ago, and I could not pass is up.

Over 6 feet long, chrome moly chassis, fiberglass body, original 35cc chainsaw engine. I'm will be taking it all apart and doing a complete restoration, installing the missing electronics (radio gear, battery, and servos for throttle, brake, steering and chute) along with a matching Ormsby paint job.

P1011295.jpg

P1011296.jpg

P1011297.jpg

Last edited:
On a side note, here is the 1/4 scale funny car I finished up last weekend. It's all set to go, the only thing left is to paint the body.- John Force 85 Coke Vette. This one has a 55cc chainsaw engine.

P1011292.jpg

P1011293.jpg

P1011294.jpg

Here is chassis before restoration.

P1011101.jpg

:cool: Too cool. I had no idea such things even existed.
You are infirm. You know you have a sickness, right Paul? :cool:
More or less, how many Samolians did that set you back if you don't mind me askin'?

Thanks for the pics Paul, those are way too cool! Got any pics of the FC next to something for a size reference? Can't wait to see it finished :)

Thanks for the pics Paul, those are way too cool! Got any pics of the FC next to something for a size reference? Can't wait to see it finished :)

I put a pop can with the chassis picture on the bottom, as well as with the dragster photos next to the back tire, and the FC and Dragster use the same back tire. Wheelbase is 31.25 inches, I bet total legnth is 50 inches with the body, minus wheelie bars.

Thanks for the compliments guys. The dragster might take awhile to get done, with a 16 month old, and a 1 month old, I don't have much free time anymore!! :eek:

On a side note, here is the 1/4 scale funny car I finished up last weekend. It's all set to go, the only thing left is to paint the body.- John Force 85 Coke Vette. This one has a 55cc chainsaw engine.

P1011292.jpg

Paul, looks like you're gonna need a parachute. :eek:

Last edited:
Jessie.. they have them....lol... and they work....

Paul F... sickness yes... but we have meetings at several places across the US to feed the addiction even more...lol....

I remember seeing one of those hanging on the wall in a hobby shop in the mid-eighties. It was black, I thought about dressing it in Super Shops/Garlits deal but didn't buy it. Now I have 3 Traxxas cars SO FAR.

Those are awesome. Do they have a single speed or is there a transmission?

I had a nitro Traxxas T-Maxx with a 2-speed. If you weren't careful it would do a back flip shifting to second gear..

It was incredibly fun.

Paul, where's a good source to buy the products for these cars. I know about Traxaas but I would like to personalize the cars I would build. Again thanks for posting this, looks like a lot of fun.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back