Prayers for Don Schumacher (1 Viewer)

I echo those kind words from everyone Don . We all appreciate and share your passion for our sport and hope for a speedy recovery . Happy Thanksgiving Holliday to you and your entire family .

Hoping for a speedy recover and clean bill of health

Don: Just read the article on you at NHRA's site. Three years ago I went through exactly the same thing you have. Base of tongue and two lymph nodes in my neck. I caught it very early but the doctors still put me through chemo and radiation treatments. As you probably already know, this cancer is very survivable (especially if you're HPV positive) but the treatment unfortunately is the toughest of all. No sugar coating it here, it's brutal. I assume you've got a support team in place, but just in case you aren't in contact with someone who's been through this and have any questions, drop me a note. I'd be happy to help. I wish you the best.

Lee ([email protected])

Hope you're well soon Don!
My friend had this type of cancer so bad that they had to zap him with radiation until his jaw and neck were weakened. He went through oxygen chamber treatments everyday to stimulate blood vessel growth in his neck and later had some reconstructive surgery on the jawbone to strengthen it and has been cancer free ever since (1992)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back