Crew chief change at DSR (1 Viewer)

That Shoe he's a real class act
All of you are wrong on the facts of the seperation reasons.

Shoe
No one has a problem with the reason or lack of reason. That's your right as team owner. It's the method we object to. If someone makes a decision that drastically affect another persons life then that person deserves to hear it face to face. To do otherwise decreases your worth as a man and a human being.

John

I wish I was in Indy and I would have gone to the shop and dealt with it. I cannot disagree with you that the right thing would have been to meet with Rob face to face. I did not do that and any reason is just a excuse. It was my decision to do it via the phone.

Shoe

John

I wish I was in Indy and I would have gone to the shop and dealt with it. I cannot disagree with you that the right thing would have been to meet with Rob face to face. I did not do that and any reason is just a excuse. It was my decision to do it via the phone.

Shoe

Connie didn't have a plane you could borrow :D

In most large comany's the owner usually doesn't even do the hiring and firing, so the fact that Don himself called Rob shows me that DSR has a lot more integrity then some are giving them credit for. I don't know Rob personally but he seems like a pretty nice guy when i see him around the pits or on the starting line, and i hated to hear this news, but i'm sure he will land a new gig somewhere just as good. I also realize that sometimes there has to be changes made for what ever the reason may be, and i'm sure that this had to be a really tough decision for the DSR management to make. That being said, i hope whoever tunes that car will give TJ a car that can win some rounds this year...except when he is lined up next to us of course.

Last edited:
John

Shoe

Well said Don. It takes a man to step up and admit mistakes. Thank you! Repectfully John

Here we go again, expert speculation and comentary from the peanut gallery. Having to let anyone go isn't enjoyable, nor is it easy. I don't care if you call them on the phone, or call them in your office. It's one of the toughest experiences for both the employee, and the one signing the paycheck. But to guess the reasons, or opine on how it was handled when you are not involved with the situation, you may as well crowd around a corpse and have a group discussion on how the autopsy will be conducted and what the results will be.

Carry on

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back