DSR Contraction (1 Viewer)

[QUOTE="Kevin Knauer, post: 347016, member: 6931"but all I really remember of him is how annoying it was to see him giddy as hell when he was running good one moment, then whiny and moody like a teenager when he wasn't running good the next (which his thinning hair and blade sunglasses made worse somehow).[/QUOTE]

Doesn't that kind of describe anyone who is competitive in nature? Granted there are some out there that can put on a happy happy joy joy face when they just blew up, got trounced on the tree, under tuned the car etc etc.... I would rather have genuine than fake

I saw Melanie Troxel's name mentioned a couple of times. She's retired from racing and is now a realtor in Denver. However, being a realtor didn't stop Dixon from coming back, but it looks like it will be Khalid taking over the seat for now.

Randy has been spelling it out for everyone, just goes over everyone's head and right back to the fanfest..................
Lotsa speculatin' going on here. Very few facts.

Just a thought based on nothing really. If you lost your state issued driver's license for a DUI, don't you also lose your NHRA Competition license? If you were the president of a company that has the motto "Dedicated to Safety" and you lost your license due to a second DUI would you still have a job? Just curious.
My comment was based on "nothing really." I never mentioned any names. BTW, My comment was about a "second" time.
Now why would someone not be able to enter a race? Also, don't you need a competition license to race? What if you had one yesterday, but not today?

Doesn't that kind of describe anyone who is competitive in nature? Granted there are some out there that can put on a happy happy joy joy face when they just blew up, got trounced on the tree, under tuned the car etc etc.... I would rather have genuine than fake

I just call that being a big baby. Genuine baby.

I don't equate competitive or genuine with petulance.

I equate competitive or genuine with the following:

There's far more top tier competitors in every sport who have that fire and passion, but who also possess the ability to be magnanimous, display class and grace no matter the win or loss.

A pet peeve is a driver taking the credit for stellar runs, but then dumping on the team when it's not so stellar.

Let them take credit for a good light, or keeping a rampaging bull in the middle of the groove. Performance? Never.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back