Phoenix Weather (1 Viewer)

Looks like a "Sellout Crowd" was on hand for Saturday action in Phoenix. Not sure exactly what that means. Does it just mean that all of the Reserved seats were sold? Is there a point where they consider all of the General Admission seats to be sold, maybe per Fire Marshall capacity of the facility? Either way, it's good news for this event.
It looked like the stands were packed today. Go, NHRA! Go, Firebird!

I got one picture, it was a big day, lots to do, there were four others on the pit side that I didn’t get a photo of, rawhide food truck, Sally’s bbq, a hotdog stand, and a Bavarian pretzel stand. There was a decent variety. Weather turned out great for today as well, it was the best NHRA event at firebird that I’ve been to in a long time, I’m really happy with Firebird and Radford, they did a good job in my opinion overall, I’m very happy.
Sean, that would make my day! It’s the small things…. i’m in semi retirement mode now, and I’m thinking about flying around and visiting the national events next year that I really want to go to. Maybe I’ll make a big post or a bunch of YouTube videos about that.

Attachments

• IMG_9480.jpeg
    IMG_9480.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 51
I got one picture, it was a big day, lots to do, there were four others on the pit side that I didn’t get a photo of, rawhide food truck, Sally’s bbq, a hotdog stand, and a Bavarian pretzel stand. There was a decent variety. Weather turned out great for today as well, it was the best NHRA event at firebird that I’ve been to in a long time, I’m really happy with Firebird and Radford, they did a good job in my opinion overall, I’m very happy.
Sean, wow that is cool. Yes, the weather was amazing, I am embarrassed that I’m stuck up here in northern Arizona and didn’t make it down there for this race. Thank you so much for taking that picture, it brings back so many good memories. I would’ve definitely hit that barbecue stand if I were there. Thanks buddy!

PS what did you have? Did you buy any food from the vendors?

The one stand had a chicken tender and fry basket for fifteen bucks. It was like a Garlic Parmesan type seasoning on fried chicken. I liked it, and it’s kind of expensive but nowadays that is the nature of event food.

The one stand had a chicken tender and fry basket for fifteen bucks. It was like a Garlic Parmesan type seasoning on fried chicken. I liked it, and it’s kind of expensive but nowadays that is the nature of event food.
I had a friend tell me about an outlaw radial event he attended in Steele, Alabama and there were cold, miniature Little Caesars pizzas for $25. At least it’s not approaching that.

i understand why bathroom, beer, and food are located rite behind bleachers at most event. ...... IMO the pro pits as close as possible to bleachers
is the way to go. that is a huge part of the ticket price for almost all fans. why the big walk?......IMO indy does it as good as anyone, but now there has been
mention of swapping sides at indy? i'm not up on how all the tracks are pitted, but i notice at some the pros are in one long line, so walk time between the
ends is a long ways. (will use gators and BIR as examples) ..... i think phoenix too parks everyone in one long line back by lake?
i wish they would park them in two rows like they do at indy.

i understand why bathroom, beer, and food are located rite behind bleachers at most event. ...... IMO the pro pits as close as possible to bleachers
is the way to go. that is a huge part of the ticket price for almost all fans. why the big walk?......IMO indy does it as good as anyone, but now there has been
mention of swapping sides at indy? i'm not up on how all the tracks are pitted, but i notice at some the pros are in one long line, so walk time between the
ends is a long ways. (will use gators and BIR as examples) ..... i think phoenix too parks everyone in one long line back by lake?
i wish they would park them in two rows like they do at indy.
Indy is on my list of tracks I want to return to. So is BIR, I’ve never been to that one. Been to Indy once, 30 years ago. I remember funny car qualifying, those things just kept coming and coming and coming and coming! I don’t know how many were there. I think it was 1992, only thing I remember, was that Alderman won Pro stock. And the food offering was really really good. Baked apple dumplings with ice cream, mmmmm.

I was reading the track regulations. Phoenix is pretty draconian. The Vegas and Charlotte tracks seem to be worse. My God, I don’t know how people deal with it.
I've never had problems in Vegas either. I have a big racing bag and typically bring in frozen water, sandwiches and snacks. Only tracks I've had issues with are Dallas and Joliet.

I've never had problems in Vegas either. I have a big racing bag and typically bring in frozen water, sandwiches and snacks. Only tracks I've had issues with are Dallas and Joliet.
That’s good to know. I’m trying to compile my list of tracks that I really want to go to, and the Vegas and Charlotte tracks are obviously owned by the same group. It’s good to hear that you didn’t have any problems.

Indy is on my list of tracks I want to return to. So is BIR, I’ve never been to that one. Been to Indy once, 30 years ago. I remember funny car qualifying, those things just kept coming and coming and coming and coming! I don’t know how many were there. I think it was 1992, only thing I remember, was that Alderman won Pro stock. And the food offering was really really good. Baked apple dumplings with ice cream, mmmmm.
was trying to point out how the pros were pitted, and walking distance from stands, not what tracks i have been to, or want to go to, or anyone's favorite.
IMO, for the convenience of the fan experience, put the pros as close to bleachers as possible

My wife and I went to last year’s Vegas 4 wide. Thankfully I had left my 80-200mm zoom lens in the car. After security checked my camera bag, I was told I couldn’t take a lens like that into the facility.
That’s the first time I’ve ever encountered that at a national event at any of the tracks I’ve been to.

That’s good to know. I’m trying to compile my list of tracks that I really want to go to, and the Vegas and Charlotte tracks are obviously owned by the same group. It’s good to hear that you didn’t have any problems.
Unless something has changed in the last couple of years, Charlotte let you bring in a cooler and alcohol. I was shocked. Just no glass bottles.

I went to Joliet last year and they let us bring a small cooler in. Have to remember that NHRA was running the track and their rules were lighter than those previously.

in the ideal world, the food and beverage vendors wouldn't be gouged so much, so you could actually buy a soda for $4, a hot sandwich for $8, a cold beer for $6.
if i'm nhra, why am i allowing fans to bring stuff into bleachers, when i have hard working vendors looking to make a buck, so i can take a percentage of their hard work
and make a buck too? i say go back to your parked car for your own food and beverage. it's business. nobody is working at the track to give stuff away. it's a money
grab from the second you park your car. just be reasonable with prices (i.e. norwalk.....the masters in golf world).......do not have opinion on camera gear.

A lot of the above is why I go Friday only. BTW, I sent an Official Cliff Complaint to Firebird about the gestapo. No answer, but at least they know how I feel.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back