Nitro drivers to WJ... (1 Viewer)

I love WJ and appreciate his honesty. Too many politcally correct people in this world now days!

Last edited:
Damn people; remember when the NHRA guys used to talk that way to NASCAR guys? :D There you go, Mr. Bader - there's your next marquee event - Head vs. WJ trading cars; infact - run them side by side on a handicap index...... with special guest commentator, Shirley Muldowney.

More ignorant than what? WJ was the one who dissed every fuel racer by saying Ray Charles could drive their cars, and you sorta jumped on his bandwagon with your TJ references to someone who has done both. Tasca was mocking someone who hasn't actually done both!

WJ's gripe wasn't with the fuel classes. His gripe was with track prep, and he should have left it at that instead of insulting everyone who has ever driven a fuel car.

Re-read my posts, Bob. I was critical of both comments because they were both ignorant.

As for your second paragraph, you're absolutely right. That's why I said what I did about shooting from the hip when you're pissed off about something instead of decompressing first.

Sean D

The HEMI predates any motorcycle.........H-D copied a Damiler creation.
Or Welch aircraft engine...

When people ask if my Superbird has a hemi in it. I don't think they're referring to HD's, Daimler's or Welch's though. Even Plymouth, Dodge and Chrysler had their own versions of hemis before the infamous 426 versions were created. In my opinion, every fuel car engine today is a direct decendent of the 426 hemi.
I think it would be awesome if the auto manufacturer's had to build their own fuel engines to run in their brand of funny car bodies.

you know i was thinking along the same lines.... i figured WJ was out to fill a void left behind for the Bazemore haters.......lol.... since WJ has stepped up... WJ for Prez and Whitt for VP........:D

Billy

In my opinion, every fuel car engine today is a direct decendent of the 426 hemi.
I think it would be awesome if the auto manufacturer's had to build their own fuel engines to run in their brand of funny car bodies.

That is True, Because that is the Spec that the rules are written too. Ford and JFR wanted to build a Ford Motor, Everything that would have made it different from the Elephant was shot down. I always liked the 392/Donovan417 whale motors myself. Heck, I'd love it if The Shotgun or Rats could run in the 'big car' class...

But, the Spec 'Motor' gives us a 'level playing field' so 'no child is left behind'.
It truth, it makes it easier on the tech department, so they don't have to look at a Ford that's different from a MoPar from a GM... all of which would have 'needs' of their own with fuel flow, timing, ports(shape and size), manifolds...

d'kid

you know i was thinking along the same lines.... i figured WJ was out to fill a void left behind for the Bazemore haters.......lol.... since WJ has stepped up... WJ for Prez and Whitt for VP........:D

Billy

I MISS Whit.... (that's why I always use a Shotgun.... :D)
Whit is Good People, outspoken, and charming the few times I did get to speak with him, or watch him interact with fans.

d'kid

When people ask if my Superbird has a hemi in it. I don't think they're referring to HD's, Daimler's or Welch's though. Even Plymouth, Dodge and Chrysler had their own versions of hemis before the infamous 426 versions were created. In my opinion, every fuel car engine today is a direct decendent of the 426 hemi.

That ship sailed many years ago, Ford did it and it was banned. Now you get spec motors and soon spec cars. Can you say TFOT and FCOT.

Yeah but there's a difference between speaking your mind and being a jerk. Twit - I mean Whit - was a jerk. "Don't call him my teammate?" WTF! He's glad Hot Rod didn't clock him!

Huh? Are you getting your stories straight or am I missing something? Cuz it was Ron he said that about and he DID clock him. That's why Whit said that. Remember the fine?

Man I liked WJ when he was a Funny Car driver, then his name was Whit Bazemore! :)

That's too funny, but I don't think WJ is as bad as Whit. WJ says it with inflection in his voiced (pissed), while Whit just whined (whiny voice). They are both at times saying things that are gospel. This is not the first time WJ has brought this up, I am not sure but he was racing Johnny Gray at an event this year or last and they both almost lost it at the top end. Both Gray and WJ made comments because it was raining a little at the big end. So some "*****ing" is good and needed.

Rick

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back