Nitro drivers to WJ... (1 Viewer)

Warren driving for Jim Head-now there's a match made in heaven! I thought Bob Tasca's comments were hilarious-people in my office must be wondering what I'm reading that is so funny.

Don't think we'll see WJ driving for Connie anytime soon!

I still give kudos to WJ for his comments-he got this issue high up on the radar screen. Greg Anderson's comments did not. (Not a knock on Greg-he's one of my favorite drivers.)

I knew WJ would get into trouble with the fuel crowd with his comments. I'm no fan of his but I love the fact he says what's on his mind, instead of being PC and saying nothing but nicey-nice things about the sport.
He's a dying breed.
My money is on him doing a better job in Head's car than Head in WJ's car.

As far as this Ford stuff, Tasca's car is/was powered by a Chrysler Hemi style engine. Call it a Boss 500 if you want, but they pulled a Chinese manufacturing trick by blatantly ripping off the Chrysler design.
Painting the valve covers blue doesn't necessarily make it a Ford.

As far as this Ford stuff, Tasca's car is/was powered by a Chrysler Hemi style engine. Call it a Boss 500 if you want, but they pulled a Chinese manufacturing trick by blatantly ripping off the Chrysler design.
Painting the valve covers blue doesn't necessarily make it a Ford.

That would be after Chrysler ripped off the Harley Davidson hemi, correct?:)

Seems pretty easy to settle this debate on which car is harder to drive. Just ask Johnny Gray or Capt Koretsky. The have both driven TF ans PS.

Last edited:
I don't think he looks like a dumba$$...he just went to show how much of a dumba$$ WJ looked like with his reference. The only way to get out there and let WJ prove his point would be to do it blindfolded, don't ya think? lol
Atleast now we know that WJ's comments don't fall on the deaf ears of Jim Head and Bob Tasca III. ;)

If what you said is true, then he wouldn't have been getting swelled-up during the interview like what was eluded to. He got pissed off by what Warren said, bottom line. And he has a right to. It would probably piss me off too if I were a nitro driver. He subsequently popped off with emotion rather than logic and he ended up showing his a$$ too as far as I'm concerned. I know you don't think so, but whether you want to believe it or not, there was a higher road to be taken, and as one of the great ambassadors of the sport he has evolved into in this short amount of time, he should have taken it.

It's like I said in another thread; I have personal experience talking with someone in Tommy Johnson Jr. who has actually done both. And having held a Pro Stock license myself for several years and been pretty fast on other occasions, I know a little bit about it. Not nitro fast, obviously, but pretty fast down tracks that had no business being gone down fast. Yes, it's been years ago since that brief conversation with TJ took place on the Rockingham starting line, but the degree of difficulty required to drive both types of machines back then to what it is now is very likely commensurate with each other. As for the blindfolded comment, that's so far beyond stupid that I can't even put it into words, very much like Warren's reference to Ray Charles. But when you shoot from the cuff with fresh raw emotion you usually end up saying something very stupid and would very much regret.

If nothing else, it's been pretty entertaining! LMAO!!!

Sean D

That's funny............:rolleyes: Tasca says he's not speaking with emotion, but the author makes a point to reference the increased volume of his voice as the sentence progresses out of his mouth. He is obviously speaking out of emotion/frustration, just as Warren did, and just like Warren, he ended up sounding like a dumba$$ when he was done. And you need to look no further than the blindfold challenge to quanitfy that.

Sean D
X2 my man, totally agree with you

can see this weekends show them stuffing the camera in wj and tascas face and stirring the pot,like usual

Maybe this is what "the show" needs to put more butts in the seats.
I think all this drama is concocted to spice up the Deuce broadcasts. You can bet there will be some time devoted to it during the Sonoma broadcast.Not everyone wants to know about the Force girls every week. :rolleyes:

It's like I said in another thread; I have personal experience talking with someone in Tommy Johnson Jr. who has actually done both.

According to the article, Tasca was licensed in Pro Stock before he went to nitro (may have even been before he went alky funny racing). So, he has done both.

I won't dispute that, but that fact makes his blindfolded statements even more ignorant.

More ignorant than what? WJ was the one who dissed every fuel racer by saying Ray Charles could drive their cars, and you sorta jumped on his bandwagon with your TJ references to someone who has done both. Tasca was mocking someone who hasn't actually done both!

WJ's gripe wasn't with the fuel classes. His gripe was with track prep, and he should have left it at that instead of insulting everyone who has ever driven a fuel car.

This would be awesome to see, if ESPN will stay away from force for 5 mins we might actually see it.

I love it,the first major rumble since the Force/Pedregon deal. If you think WJ did this on purpose,you would be correct. If Greg Anderson had asked Rick Stewart in that calm demeanor,it would have never made TV,WJ brought it front and center. If the fuel drivers got pi$$ed,that's fine and the last account,WJ is 1-0 against them,he still hasn't paid Toliver for the body.:D

They better activate the tree NOW if they expect WJ to get the challenge completed on the same day that Tasca is running the pro stocker.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back