New colors petition (1 Viewer)

Jerrod/Shannon:

Just give us a YES/NO/MAYBE answer to this complaint or suggestion to change the colors. Again, the black background is fine in my book, but the grey (default) text is a pain. YES, many of us (me included) know how to change the TEXT of a message we are posting, but that doesn't help for all those messages that others have already posted and we find hard to read! Right Jackee? And Larry Sullivan? :(

Absolutely right Kurt. Just about the only time I come out here is when I can be in here with just the exit lights on, so I can read the screen.

Let's be less dramatic about this. There's been a simple fix suggested and surely you could use that for now.

It isn't permanent and you have to do it each time you want to read something. But, until it's the way you want it, you guys could use the suggestion of Ctrl + A. It highlights all text on the screen and makes it black text with a white background.

Yeah, I'd say that's a bit dramatic. You were given a temporary solution. Can't you use it until Shannon can fix it? I realize it's only a temporary solution, but come on. It's a message board about racing. It's not life or death.

Registered member said:
Originally Posted by Webmaster
I will look at the new colors when I get my computer back up and running.

Thanks,
Webmaster

[QUOTE:Originally Posted by Webmaster ]
Yes I don't have my computer back up and running. Sorry. I hope to find a place to live here soon. Living arrangements have been in limbo here lately.

Thanks for understanding
Not sure if he's still without a computer, but this was the last thing he said in this thread.
Registered member said:
So I guess no one is being "dramatic" this week :confused: :eek: :p ;) ?

Last edited:
Oh, FFS! I was referring to your "until I drop dead" comment. Think you could let that part of my post go now? My guess...probably not. I feel like I'm back in 2nd grade arguing over who gets which swing. :rolleyes:

Oh, is that the reason. :confused: My 'til I drop dead' remark was simply about my need to work until that time. As in ... no retirement in my future. I need my eyes to do my work... I sit at a computer 12 hours a day.
No 'drama' there. Just simple fact. But apparently you felt a need to comment on it.

But, hey, spin it any way you wish to make your point.

PS.... I'm sorry there weren't enough swings for everyone when you were in 2nd grade. ;) I never had to argue over something like that. ;)

Say goodnight, Gracie.
Goodnight Gracie.

Our patience is wearing thin !!!

Yes I don't have my computer back up and running. Sorry. I hope to find a place to live here soon. Living arrangements have been in limbo here lately.

Thanks for understanding

Hello Webmaster,

Any chance you have access to a computer now? It's kinda hard to be without a computer and be a webmaster isn't it? This last response to the community was over 3 weeks ago, and the requests/complaints still stand. We really just want an answer to what is so hard about making the change? Those that don't like whatever color
BESIDES GREY is selected can always change the text color back to grey! The rest of us have to dink around every time we post and change our text colors TO MAKE THEM READABLE for us and the rest of the MATER NATION, many who are not in their teens or 20's and 30's and haven't hit the reading problems that occur in your 40's and 50's. Throw us a bone okay?

Sincerely,

Kurt (part of the over 40 crowd)

The webmaster is probably over 40 and can't read the requests for a change because of the abysmal color scheme.

The webmaster is probably over 40 and can't read the requests for a change because of the abysmal color scheme.

Good one Larry !! :D

I wonder if Jerrod is really the one holding this up, or if he pawned it off on a webmaster without a computer?

I'm getting ready to PM Jerrod. Think it will do any good?

Good one Larry !! :D

I wonder if Jerrod is really the one holding this up, or if he pawned it off on a webmaster without a computer?

I'm getting ready to PM Jerrod. Think it will do any good?

I PM'd him when the site first went up and never heard. I'm sure he had his hands full with all of the people trying to sign up. Even Jim J said in an PM that it was difficult to read, but it was Jerrod's call.

Good luck.

Ok! I hope you can understand that my life was turned upside down 6 weeks ago. I have yet to land on my feet as far as living. All the stuff that is need to change the way the mater looks is on my computer that is located in storage. Give it sometime and your wish will be granted.

Thanks,
Shannon

Sorry you're having troubles, Shannon. I can relate to your life being turned upside down as far as residence. Good luck!

Ok! I hope you can understand that my life was turned upside down 6 weeks ago. I have yet to land on my feet as far as living. All the stuff that is need to change the way the mater looks is on my computer that is located in storage. Give it sometime and your wish will be granted.

Thanks,
Shannon
Hang in there, Dude..it'll work out.

Thanks,
Shannon

That is a good enough answer for me. I'll be patient and wait it out. Hang in there and take your time to get the IMPORTANT things worked out first!!!!

Thanks,
Shannon

Shannon,

I'm extremely sorry for the sarcasm, and I was not aware that you were the Webmaster. I hope things get sorted out for you in regards to your living arrangements. Sounds like you're up against it right now, and I hope you get through this tough time as quickly as possible. The 'Mater fix can wait...now that we know what the holdup is. I guess some of us just felt like we were left hanging, and all it took was a quick "heads up" message like this and now we all understand. Again, please accept my apologies. Good luck!

everything needed to make changes to this site is on a computer that's sitting in storage somewhere?

:rolleyes:

sorry man I'm not trying to kick you while your down but that doesn't make sense at all.

Very cool - and a welcome change. Pretty sure that this color should be visible to everyone.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back