New Motorsports Complex In Heflin, Al (1 Viewer)

casey

Nitro Member
If you guys want a new place to race on the GA/AL border along I-20, please show your support by doing the following:

From [email protected]:
Get as many of your friends as you can to email me a letter (under 300 words) and I'll use as many as I can in the paper. Also email or mail to the following public official to show support - [email protected]
OR write:
Steve Swafford
141 Davenport Drive
Heflin, AL 36264

read about the project here:
Cleburne News - $21 million motorsports complex proposed for park

Your support is greatly appreciated, please take a little time and show your support because you know that the opponents will definitely speak out.

If you guys want a new place to race on the GA/AL border along I-20, please show your support by doing the following:

From [email protected]:
Get as many of your friends as you can to email me a letter (under 300 words) and I'll use as many as I can in the paper. Also email or mail to the following public official to show support - [email protected]
OR write:
Steve Swafford
141 Davenport Drive
Heflin, AL 36264

read about the project here:
Cleburne News - $21 million motorsports complex proposed for park

Your support is greatly appreciated, please take a little time and show your support because you know that the opponents will definitely speak out.

I believe this is the ALABAMA MOTORSPORTS PARK that Dale Jr has been working on. Google the park for pictures it was designed by company in Kansas City that has done a lot of sports stadiums in U.S.:)

That was originally in south Alabama around Mobile. I'm not sure if he is involved in this one or not. THey didn't mention his name in the longer print article.

That was originally in south Alabama around Mobile. I'm not sure if he is involved in this one or not. THey didn't mention his name in the longer print article.

Looks like your right, I just check their site and they said as of Jan 18th the final work on permits was taking place so they could start ground breaking. I don't know how close these will be together, hope it works out.:cool:

We still need your help guys and gals! See below info and updates from GHR.

Heflin Drag Strip Project needs YOUR help!

Several things have changed since the initial story broke about the Heflin Project. Due to lots of circumstances, the 3 track proposal has evolved quite significantly into a Drag Strip & RV Park/Family Fun Center with all types of motorsports related stores, shops, dealers, etc. in the plans. (AL doesn’t have tourism & trade grants to support “entertainment” or sporting venues for development! So business development in the park is the only way to help get a track! Everybody from AL—talk to your elected officials if you ever want AL to grow! All money makers for a county aren’t industrial manufacturers!) Let Alabama State Senator Kim Benefield know what an asset this track would be by emailing her at [email protected]

The most important thing is that we want a new drag strip in the region! Between Birmingham & Atlanta IS THE PERFECT SITE & just off I-20 couldn’t get any better. To make this happen we’re going to need lots of help from folks like you!

#1 We need you to help spread the word that help is needed in the form of letters/emails/petitions of support. (Sent to the officials listed above/below.)

#2 We need those of you who are local enough to travel to Montgomery or Heflin in the next week to plan a trip.

We need you to post, blog, email, text, publish, announce & spread the word by whatever means you have to spread the unified message that there is OVERWHELMING support for a new track in this area!

Begin by taking a minute to forward this email to as many racers & fans you know.

Then click the email addresses listed AND any other AL state officials, news paper reporters, radio stations & Heflin officials you can locate and EXPRESS YOUR SUPPORT for track development in the East AL area!

Two important things will be happening within the next week—

First—a huge delegation of elected & appointed city/county officials from Heflin/Cleburne Co & several who are opposed to the track are taking a “field trip” to their first drag race ever! They are going to the “Super 7” race at Montgomery on March 1 & 2. These folks are bringing sound equipment & a watchful eye to learn all about our world. They are in for a real treat!

I’m encouraging any racers, their families & friends & ALL who are in favor of growth & development in the area to please plan to attend the event that weekend & help show these folks that we just love to have good clean fun—real fast, right!!

They want to see exactly what their town would be in for if they should invite a drag strip into their back yards. For those of you who are following the story, you know that there are claims of home owners 8mi away from tracks not being able to hear their TV’s! We hope they all learn a lot & come to the conclusion that yes, it’s loud at the source, but NO it’s not disruptive/disturbing to the neighbors over 200 acres away.

Second—The following Tuesday night, March 4th is the regularly scheduled Development Board meeting at 6:pm AL time. We need to have as many drivers, families, friends & supporters of a track at this meeting as possible! They meet at the Heflin Rec Dept just off Hwy 78/Main St. If you can’t make it—at least send an email!

ALSO JUST IN—There is a Heflin City Council Meeting TUESDAY February 26th at 6:pm & the track will surely be a topic of discussion. We need A CROWD OF SUPPORTERS on hand to off set the voices of the FEW who are not in favor. The city representatives on the development board & the city council are the final hold outs against the project & they need to be won over quickly!

We do not want all our efforts to have been in vain! We do not want to have to “move” this project to another area of the state simply because of a few who can’t see the prosperous future in store for this small town! Don’t miss out on an opportunity to have a LOCAL track!

Below is info on the important contacts & a copy of the flyer for the SECO “Super 7” 2-day event at MMP. We hope you help spread the news! & We hope to see you at the race (& meeting) next week!

To help show your support for the track, please send an email (under 300 words) to:
Cleburne County News
[email protected]

and to the city official
Steve Swafford
[email protected]
141 Davenport Drive
Heflin, AL 36264

The newspaper will be publishing letters of support to help push the plans through. Please take a moment to promote a positive growth in drag racing.

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!

GHR, Inc.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back