New Features Here On Nitromater (1 Viewer)

DixonFan

Staff member
Administrator
Hello Maters!

We have some new features that have been added to our site. Here is a list of what you can now do as members:

Reciprocal Friendships Between Users
As part of our new social networking system, users can now request that people on their buddy list confirm their friendship, after which time a person's list of confirmed friends will be viewable to other users.

Public Messaging
Nitromater introduces the public messaging system, allowing users to communicate publicly via their profile pages.

User Picture Galleries
Maters can now create albums and upload pictures to their account.The ability to view these albums and pictures can be limited by the user to just board staff and people on their buddy list if they want privacy.

User-Created Social Groups
To further social cohesion between users and to encourage people to make friends, Nitromater now includes a facility to allow users to create their own social/interest groups. These groups are enhanced by having their own public messaging system, and the ability to add pictures to the group from user albums.

New Member Profile Page
In order to accomodate all the new features, the member profile page has been completely redesigned from the ground up.

The new page presents information in a far cleaner and more logical manner, while dividing up information into manageable chunks using a tabbed interface.

Individual profile field categories can be displayed alone in blocks in the right column, in addition to appearing by default in the 'About Me' tab.

Member Customization of Profile Page
Maters can now change fonts, colors, background and borders etc. of their profile page in order to create a more personalized look.

Attachment Viewing Lightbox
Clicking on an attached image will now open a lightbox rather than open a new window, with the image scaled to fit the browser viewport. A click on the image in the lightbox will open it in a new window as before.

Blogs
Not new but just wanted to let everyone know that you do have the ability to create and run your own blog here on the Mater.

Hope everyone likes the new features. I am sure there are more to come in the future.

Thanks,
Nitromater.com

When I attempt this...

Member Customization of Profile Page
Maters can now change fonts, colors, background and borders etc. of their profile page in order to create a more personalized look.

I get this error message.

Michele Martindale, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Looks to be a bug. Checking into it and will get back to you as soon as I can figure out what is going on.

Thanks,
Shannon

I've been getting friend requests from various maters, how is that different than just sending PM's?

All I want to see is bigger avitars....:rolleyes:

Not a fan of bigger avatars, because there will always be those retards who have/want 640X480 (or bigger) avatars and if you get 2 or 3 of them posting on the same thread ... it REALLY slows down the page load. I come here to read what people post ... not to look at their ridiculous avatars.

Shannon ... just say "NO" to bigger avatars.

I've been getting friend requests from various maters, how is that different than just sending PM's?

I was thinking prety much everyone on mater was a friend.

And Chris, about the avatar......
I think we need a bigger avatar for you because that guppy you are holding is sooooo small! We can't even hardly see it. :p
Ha ha ha ha....just kidding, man. Looking forward to hangin' out witcha and the boyz at Vegas.

Not a fan of bigger avatars, because there will always be those retards who have/want 640X480 (or bigger) avatars and if you get 2 or 3 of them posting on the same thread ... it REALLY slows down the page load. I come here to read what people post ... not to look at their ridiculous avatars.

Shannon ... just say "NO" to bigger avatars.

Come on Chris!! I know you want to see the cat in larger scale!:D And I want to see more of that toad your holding!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back