New colors petition (1 Viewer)

Being colorblind makes most of the text colors impossible to read against that background. I'll vote for a change.

(68cuda)

I guess no one is reading our petition. :( Or, going to do anything about it if they are. :( :(

One thing is for sure. I need my eyes in order to do my job. If I have to choose between the two, I'm going to have to go with the job unfortunately. This is getting harder on my eyes everyday.

Good luck everyone.

I will look at the new colors when I get my computer back up and running.

Thanks,
Webmaster

I will look at the new colors when I get my computer back up and running.

Thanks,
Webmaster

Oh No! :eek: We can't have the Webmaster without a computer up and running! :eek:

Thanks for the update. Good old Black on White background sounds good to me. The old mater may have attracted some problems (;) ), but it was much easier on the eyes.

Thanks!

I guess no one is reading our petition. :( Or, going to do anything about it if they are. :( :(

One thing is for sure. I need my eyes in order to do my job. If I have to choose between the two, I'm going to have to go with the job unfortunately. This is getting harder on my eyes everyday.

Good luck everyone.

I am on record as wanting new colors too Jackee. Just in case you missed it, someone mentioned "<ctrl> - A" as a way to highlight the text. I have been using that whenver someone does not change their text color. Just a FYI....

I add my name to the list requesting a color change. Hitting CTRL-A does change everything on the page to aqua on white, so I can read things a lot easier that way, but that should not be necessary in order to make the text clearly visible. Gray on black is okay for West Point uniforms, sucks as a message board color scheme.

You obviously are not reading it on a laptop screen - it's damned near invisible under the best lighting conditions on my laptop screen. Looks fine on the 19-inch screen on my desktop computer.

- Larry

You obviously are not reading it on a laptop screen - it's damned near invisible under the best lighting conditions on my laptop screen.

ok ya got me there....I usually pull the shades during the day and turn off the lights at night when I'm at the computer.... (insert joke here)

Have any of you that are having problems actually tried calibrating your monitors so they display correctly? I'd bet that the ones having problems reading the text have monitors that are adjusted out of whack.

grayscale.gif

You should be able to see the difference (at least) between X,Y and Z and ideally also A, B and C.

Ain't no such adjustment on laptop screens, sorry.

The big problem is twofold - first of all, light colored text on a black background is hard to read under a wide variety of lighting conditions. Second, grey and black are, by nature, dim colors and tend to blend together into a dim, unreadable image on low-contrast monitors such as laptop screens.

Desktop LCD monitors have higher contrast and more adjustments than laptop screens, which are optimized for battery operation.

In other words, if you are not trying to read this stuff on a laptop screen, you have no idea how illegible it is using the default colors.

This paragraph is default - and very hard to see on a laptop screen.

This paragraph is a contrasting color, though there is nothing wrong with good old black on white for message text - that's why it's the default on the message editing screens - I am just asking for the text display colors to be as readable as the text colors on the message composition and edit screens.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back