Name That Thingy ! (1 Viewer)

Larry

Nitro Member
I was sitting in the stands yesterday and wondering if that vacuum cleaner on three wheels has a name.
I called it the that oil eating sucka some one else called it a roller/sucker and another bunch who run a Outlaw Fuel Altered and nostalgia funny car said it was a super pooper oil scooper!
I told him that saying that name took longer than the thing took to clean up Bartones big dumpster right in front of us.
My brother said Fri. there were only two oil Downs but yesterday I lost count.
With the reduced time for cleanup he was probably running his head on the phone with me and missed them.
With the addvent of this super vacuum powered oil pooper scooper it seems to take about the average of a commercial break to clean a spill. How about that! Can You say LIVE maybe!
Thats also the best way to clean up the synthetic oil preferred today as it sticks to everything
!

Last edited:
Did it look like this??

6650-bkgd.jpg

Houston Motorsports Park (1/8th mile strip north of HOU) has one of things too. I can't recall the name, but its definitely dedicated to racing. Has quite a flame show on the backside once the cleaning operation is done. I recently watched them clean up a full rear end worth of gear oil in about 2 minutes. I just knew I'd remember the name, but now that someone asks it I can't recall, and an internet search turns up nothing.

the obvious

the obvious would be "nitro-zamboni".

I'm only good at stating the obvious.

I don't do subtle.

IT's obvious or nothing for me!

-85% jimmy

Last edited:
Well thats about what I thought! Bobby Mariott's Super pooper oil sucking Vacumn thingamajigger or three wheeled terror [ I suppose the oil might feel frightned ] is about as close to a real name as we will get on the mater.
I knew it ,this was a test to see if the new mater could answer or at least do a good boogie around the facts!
The fact is we , as a fountain of racing knowledge have fallen on hard times and the Judge [ don't ask me where he/she came from ] has decreed that as a security test before joining NITRO MATER you must be able to walk and chew gum at the same time!
Well there went about 60% .
Till someone has the real scoop we will let Kelly name that thingie as she was always in charge of naming thingies.
Now if I could just remember who was in charge of Eye Candy we could adjurn to the Lounge for some much needed R & R .

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back