Greek/Paton (1 Viewer)

CrewGuy

Nitro Member
Registered member said:
Wow that was a little scary, Karamesines had the engine let go, and may have gotten into some oil, the dragster vaulted over into Paton's lane in front of Paton. Thankfully Paton had room to slow in time, then Karamesines got back over in his lane, but Karamesines took out the cones at the stripe for both lanes, so neither driver will get a time slip for this round. We're down to clean up some "stuff" and replace several cones. 1:09 p.m.
Paton did not make a run yesterday.
The Greek took out the timing reflectors BEFORE Paton got to them. Somehow Paton is listed as having a 28.0 E.T. I'm confused about this one!

Paton did not make a run yesterday.
The Greek took out the timing reflectors BEFORE Paton got to them. Somehow Paton is listed as having a 28.0 E.T. I'm confused about this one!
Because there are only 16 cars ... all Paton had to do is make legal qualifying pass (take the tree) to get on the ladder. Since the timing was taken out by his opponent, NHRA forced a 28 sec. ET to put him on the bottom of the ladder. Now he can improve from that in Q3.

Same now applies for the Greek, as he is currently not on the ladder as he a DQ in his only run.

Last edited:
On a qualifying run, if a contestant properly starts, stages, and receives the starters signal but breaks to the point the run is not completed, a time of 28 seconds is issued and it is considered to be a valid qualifying run.

Taken from the NHRA Hot Rod Heritage site for the AA/FC so I will assume it is same process for NHRA Pro elims...(Every other process is same)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back