Thoughts on Denver (1 Viewer)

Hiproger

Nitro Member
I gotta ask.....I want to say right off the bat that I think that Mike Dunn is one of the sharpest & most informative announcers working in the sport of drag racing. I've been a fan for more years than I care to admit. That's why I gotta ask. Mike, if you follow this forum, & something tells me that you do, how did you miss the call on Cruz's "oildown" in the second round of F/C. I thought it was obvious that it was the fire bottles going off as soon as I saw it but realize that it could have been mistaken for oil at first glance. But as the car turned the corner & as they raised the body it was plain to see that it wasn't oil. Even back in the pit it was still being called an oil bath. Not until Dave Reiff reported on the clean-up was it correctly identified as the fire retardent system going off caused by severe tire shake.
Man I'm not meanin' to bust your chops & I sure hope you don't take it that way. Between your excellent announcing & "The Final Take" wrap-up that you do in National Dragster, I was just very surprised that you missed that call. I hope Paul Page ain't rubbin' off. I know that what you do is a hell of a lot harder than it appears & you probably had a producer yellin' in your ear or something.
As I said, I hope you'll take this as a constructive comment on a job that most will agree you are excellent at & gettin' better with age.
Keep on keepin' us informed.................."HIP"

Hip/Roger,

I thought the same thing when I saw the in-car camera replay. I must have missed the followup correction by Dave Rief. I just figured the bottles went off due to an engine explosion/fire that wasn't big enough to see. Anyway, I too hope Mike isn't getting "off his game" due to having to concentrate so hard on what Paul is saying (wrong or right). I must state that I am starting to lose interest in the shows, and plumb forgot all about the Saturday night qualifying show. I remembered that I forgot sometime on Sunday morning when I was setting up to record NHRA2Day. Must have been the long layoff...yeah thats it ...the 2 week layoff without any race on TV to tape/watch!

Glad to see you back Roger, and keep posting your insightful thoughts.

~Kurt

Formerly Drag_fan_too

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back