Interesting Burk's blast (1 Viewer)

My question is.... Has the ADRL tried to play by NHRA an IHRA rules?? Have they sent in there rules an regulations?? Here's a quote out of the Blast. >> The NHRA has escalated its war of words with another letter this time from Director of Tech Operations Don Taylor. The letters from NHRA are clear that the ADRL will be prohibited from having events at NHRA-sanctioned tracks unless they apply for ASO (Approved Sanctioning Organization) status and submit their rules for NHRA approval. Sometimes these stories have a one sided view. IF the ADRL has been playing by NHRA an IHRA rules then Burks Blast is on point.

Why should the ADRL have to abide my the NHRA/IHRA rules? They shouldnt. The only reason they are pissed is b/c they arent making $$$ off the event so the only way they can squeeze them is to make them submit there rules for approval which I am sure costs something. ITs a bunch of BS. And I understand its on a NHRA/IHRA sanctioned track or whatever but they are just being bullies. Tell me why the first 1 1/2 years they did nothing about it. B/c they didnt care until the ADRL became the ADRL! Thats why. Because they put on an awesome show, it only costs $25 to get in, its fan friendly, and they treat the racers like people. And whoever in the stands at the Rock said it was the best $25 they ever spent, I agree.

Why should the ADRL have to abide my the NHRA/IHRA rules? They shouldnt. The only reason they are pissed is b/c they arent making $$$ off the event so the only way they can squeeze them is to make them submit there rules for approval which I am sure costs something. ITs a bunch of BS. And I understand its on a NHRA/IHRA sanctioned track or whatever but they are just being bullies. Tell me why the first 1 1/2 years they did nothing about it. B/c they didnt care until the ADRL became the ADRL! Thats why. Because they put on an awesome show, it only costs $25 to get in, its fan friendly, and they treat the racers like people. And whoever in the stands at the Rock said it was the best $25 they ever spent, I agree.

I don't know the entire story.. I'm asking questions not taking sides... Trying to make an informed opinion. Was the ADRL supposed to fill this "ASO" thing out 1 1/2 years ago an never have? Would it be easier to just play by the rules than buck the system? "IF" this "ASO" thing is something new then I agree the "HRA'S" aren't playing fair.

Why should the ADRL have to abide my the NHRA/IHRA rules? They shouldn't.

NHRA has an insurance package available to member tracks. To get this insurance package set up, NHRA tells the insurance company that certain rules will be followed at all times. Therefore, the "member" tracks have to follow the rules that NHRA gives the insurance company.

Other organizations that run different safety rules than NHRA, can submit their rules and if accepted, they are allowed when those organizations race at those member tracks.

As an example, AMA Prostar and AHDRA have motorcycle rules that differ from what is in the NHRA rule book, but those organizations have their rules OK'd by NHRA so you can run a 5 second motorcycle down an NHRA dragstrip, even though there are no rules for 5 second motorcycles in the NHRA rule book.

This will not change as long as sanctioning bodies are allowed to sanction racetracks.

i agree Justin....

Jay as a former employee of a oval facility.. i learned that any track owner or promoter with any brains does not depend soley on a sanctioning bodies insurance... everyone i have know and worked with has had the sanctioning bodies insurance as well as ther own policy... i have seen sanction bodies insruance run from problems and lump the blame at the tracks/promoter feet...

Yes if a track is sanctioned.. and has a sanctioned event from any organization they should follow the guides for that event... but if they have an outlaw..so to speak event and have thier own or the outlaw group has their own insurance to cover the outlaw event what is the problem.. as long as IHRA or NHRA's names are not on the event they are clear and free.. now some moron will try to sue them if the tracks normal activities are sanctioned.. but it won't get far.. both IHRA na NHRA pay big retainers to make sure the lawyers keep them clean...

If this is such a big problem for the IHRA nad NHRA. what about the insurance of the tow vehicles that have the IHRA/NHRA decals on the side. .. that is a huge liability for the IHRA/NHRA... Many corperate sponsors make teams carry multi million dollar coverage just to get back and forth to the races...and we all know about auto acidents on the streets... seems more of those acidents happen every day than on the strips....

Somethign else to add to the fans in the stands at the ADRL event... i know 10 people that went to the Dragstock event that love drag racing but never had set one foot on the grounds of a drag race... they attended teh evnt had a blast and are looking forward to the next one and havce firends fired up to join them next time as well..... here is the kicker... 4 of them came back a few weeks later to the IHRA World Finials every day.. thru the rain and back on monday.. stayed away from work to see the elemination on monday.. what does that say about what the ADRL event and what it did for drag racing as a whole.....

Not attacking anyone with this just bringing up some more discussion....

Billy

I don't know the entire story.. I'm asking questions not taking sides... Trying to make an informed opinion. Was the ADRL supposed to fill this "ASO" thing out 1 1/2 years ago an never have? Would it be easier to just play by the rules than buck the system? "IF" this "ASO" thing is something new then I agree the "HRA'S" aren't playing fair.

Jon - Skip on over to www.Promodsource.com, sign up, and do a little searching. All this has been covered from one end to the other and you'll learn a ton of info about this subject and other PM issues as well. Promodifieds.us is another good PM resource.

This is exactly what Dave Wallace is referring to and why he has so much distain towards NHRA. ;)
I'm a little surprised that IHRA jumped on that wagon! :cool:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back