Interesting Burk's blast (1 Viewer)

Yes its said and like he said, it all started after Rockingham broke attendance records. I am here to say, besides a NHRA national event, the ADRL is the finest event I have been too. I plan on making several of there races this year. And like Burk said, the ADRL has PLENTY of financial backing.

Not knocking any of the TF classes but, you would figure this would show the NHRA which group of racers has a huge following and would try to capitolize on it.. but nope.. don't like , don't UNDERSTAND it so KILL it... theres alot more to this than just the "Rules/ASO" insurance reasoning...

NHRA doesn't take the PM class serious at all.. ever noticed that the AMS PM series when it runs with the NHRA National events is the onlt class that doesn't get a "Wally".

IHRA.. who knows what there reasoning is.. maybe they are worried if they don't go along that the NHRA will go after them too....

its a shame....Both orgs need all they can get to try to step up and take some of the motorsports limelight form the oval guys...

What was the Rockingham attendance? I think I heard 11-12,000? Not sure but the Night of Fire at Bandimere every year will draw over 20,000 fans! Granted they have a pair of TF'ers and FC's, but the Main draw is the Jet cars!

This kind of stuff will keep going on until there is a class action lawsuit against the sanctioning bodies to prevent them from sanctioning racetracks. They should only be allowed to sanction events, not the tracks. As long as they can sanction tracks, they can tell tracks what they can and can not do.

The pro stock truck guys fought them. Imagine what could happen if all the members joined in a suit.

What was the Rockingham attendance? I think I heard 11-12,000? Not sure but the Night of Fire at Bandimere every year will draw over 20,000 fans! Granted they have a pair of TF'ers and FC's, but the Main draw is the Jet cars!

Not even close. Track management stopped counting at 27,000 & closed the gates. However people continued to pour in & the final estimates were over 30,000. I was there, it was no exageration. It was unreal, people were standing in line for a hotdog for over an hour.

Free tickets....

I was under the impression, from numerous articles, that a good deal of the tickets were freebies. Hell, I would go to an all Pro-Mod show if it were free!

Late..................Mitch

I think the free ticket idea is great. Get people to the track that may not go otherwise, and get 'em hooked. Even if someone gets in for free, you think they may get excited and go buy some event souvenirs? Racer T-shirts? No matter what, they will at the very least be buying food & drinks. And a bunch will become diehard fans. I've always thought that NHRA should offer bunches of free & deep-discount tickets to their events in markets that don't yet have the following to pack the stands like their more established events.

Jon Asher has been beating the High prices deal to death for 5 years! At Pomona, Dallas and Houston, I have relatives that live in those cities. The only race I can get them to attend is Houston cause they have very reasonable ticket prices. As far as Pomona/Dallas they hear how much it costs and they bail out right away.

I think it was an excellent strategy. Ticket were given away all throughout the area. It was obvious by surveying the demographic that some folks had never been to a drag race before. Earwood made a boatload on concessions, etc. The crowd enjoyed a landmark show, hell hundreds hung around after the race to participate in post-race photos, etc.

It exposed the show to new people, & created a marketing gem. The numbers, photos & video from that race will be used for ages in ADRL brand promotion. People see that & say, "wow, look at the crowd, it must be a good product"...

Not knocking any of the TF classes but, you would figure this would show the NHRA which group of racers has a huge following and would try to capitolize on it.. but nope.. don't like , don't UNDERSTAND it so KILL it... theres alot more to this than just the "Rules/ASO" insurance reasoning...

NHRA doesn't take the PM class serious at all.. ever noticed that the AMS PM series when it runs with the NHRA National events is the onlt class that doesn't get a "Wally".

IHRA.. who knows what there reasoning is.. maybe they are worried if they don't go along that the NHRA will go after them too....

its a shame....Both orgs need all they can get to try to step up and take some of the motorsports limelight form the oval guys...
They dont get a wally!!! they get nothing!!!! They pay to race at the nhra events they run at!! and its a lot of money I heard a figure between 15-25K a race. They get no respect and are treated like second class racers. The ADRL will just get bigger. Kenny Nowling is paying 10k each to win in pro extreme and pro nitrous. I heard a rumor there will be as few as 2 nitrous cars at ihra this year because they are tired of not being able to run with the blown cars, and that came from a very well known nitrous car owner that talked to the rest of the nitrous guys. The ADRL will just keep growing, they are adding outlaw 10.5 this year which is just as much fun to watch as the pro-mods are.Next year they are adding mountain motor pro stock to the program. They will be running pro stock at the st.louis race and one other this year. I'm sure the body's will continue to give the adrl a hard time but I believe Kenny's got a good enough foundation laid to survive. Maybe he just needs to purchase a few tracks of his own!!!!

Not even close. Track management stopped counting at 27,000 & closed the gates. However people continued to pour in & the final estimates were over 30,000. I was there, it was no exageration. It was unreal, people were standing in line for a hotdog for over an hour.

That's a great crowd, but I'm not sure I'd enjoy a day at the track where your packed in the stands like sardines. Waiting an hour for a snack? That's overkill IMO!

As for the Free tickets, it works everytime it's tried. At both Denver and Houston Div. races they had crowds over 15,000 from free tix promotions.

Heres kenny's schedule announcemet at the pri show, It also adress' some of the other things going on. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1320 TV Its kinda long but good!!!

Pro Mod and Nitro Funny Car are my fav classes by far. What I dont understand from NHRA is beside Top Fuel and Nitro FC, I beleive Pro Mod is the 3rd biggest attraction at a nhra national event to the average fan mainly b/c of body styles and paint schemes. And with the ADRL being a pro mod show mainly they should really see the popularity of it. I know I cant wait for the ADRL show at HMP on March 3rd.

from what i was told and saw.. 30,00 was about right.... lots of free tickets were given away and from my understanding about little less than half of the crowd on Saturday bought tickets. what i heard not 100 % positive...... to be honest ..i don't think half that size of a crowd was expected...several of the concession stands on the grandstand side were not opened be cause no one was hired to operate them...i'm sure that will be fixxed next year..

but standing in the middle of the crowd listening to people talk you here statements like... "best $25 i ever spent"... and kids tell ther parents "lets come here insted of Bristol next year"... some thing was done right with the show...

talk to any of the big time sponsors at a Cuprace and ask how many free tickets they give away for EACH cup race....??

I believe Pro Mod is the 3rd biggest attraction at a nhra national event to the average fan mainly b/c of body styles and paint schemes.

NHRA will kill that quick by allowing multicar teams with body's that all look the same and require the car to be covered in sponsor decals to afford to race.

I love the paint on some of those cars and miss the old F/C days when I was a kid seeing the awesome paint jobs.

Thanks NHRA :rolleyes:

My question is.... Has the ADRL tried to play by NHRA an IHRA rules?? Have they sent in there rules an regulations?? Here's a quote out of the Blast. >> The NHRA has escalated its war of words with another letter this time from Director of Tech Operations Don Taylor. The letters from NHRA are clear that the ADRL will be prohibited from having events at NHRA-sanctioned tracks unless they apply for ASO (Approved Sanctioning Organization) status and submit their rules for NHRA approval. Sometimes these stories have a one sided view. IF the ADRL has been playing by NHRA an IHRA rules then Burks Blast is on point.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back