ESPN Does It Again! (1 Viewer)

XPilot

Nitro Member
Get to watch a tennis match rather than the race. What a load of crap!

At least my better half is happy since it's her sport that's on rather than professional eating!

Rushed to get home and was still 15 minutes late...only to find a tennis match on my television...

...Oh well, at least I haven't missed anything.

Did you notice what is scheduled after the race on ESPN2. Live Little League Baseball. There will not be 3 hours of drag racing tonight.
I have been a drag racing fan since the 60's. I have been slowly losing interest since NHRA sold the TV rights to ESPN. I think this is the end.
I have better things to do NHRA.

Last edited:
And since there's a Major League Baseball game on ESPN there's no chance that they'll move the Little League game to that station. :mad:

Let's just hope that the U.S. Nationals coverage does not get screwed by the sand castle building word championships.

I know the race is still going, but rather than having some live coverage of it, I get to watch a never ending tennis match. It's been at match point for what, three days now?

Don't they have a rule on mercy killings?

And that dreaded phrase, "due to time constraints" just crossed his lips. Looks like we'll get a little more than two hours of coverage tonight instead of the full three hours.

Hey! Here's an idea! Let's cut out the commercials!

Anybody want some of my paskgetti? My family doesn't like speghetti the day it's made, so I spent two hours making sauce, and nobody wants to eat it till tomorrow.

Okay, note to ESPN...you do not have to pause to wait for rain on a tape delay! The rain has passed...just mention there was a pause and DON'T WASTE TIME!!!!

Last edited:
Yep the nipping and cutting began right after round one and they are skipping round two . Now round 1 of PS is zipping by at lightning speed. This is ridiculous , give us a break.
Some bad editing I saw the 2 rd results of TF before they ran! Drag racing needs its own channel what a shame to make it so chopped up you loose interest.

Last edited:
NHRA and ESPN2 Suck

Tom Compton has just been punked by ESPN. You will never see a NASCAR event preempted or started late over a Tennis match but they damn sure will do it to a Drag Race. Then to top it off NHRA decides to shorten the telecast by zipping through Pro Stock Car and Bike. Their coverage and treatment of any other category that doesn't have a blower on it sucks. I knew there was a reason I dispised watching NHRA on TV. They always have and always will short Pro Stock, I guess we forgot that the Fuel cars made drag racing. If the Pro Stock Owners banded together and raised some hell NHRA would tighten up and spread the wealth money wise and tv coverage wise. It I had the money Evan Knoll of Torco has I would pay every Pro Stock team the winners purse not to go to INDY to see how NHRA would do their race coverage. Something needs to be done but the fans don't have any power to do it, only the racers can. I know If I were a sponsor I'd let NHRA know their crap is getting a little old. To add insult to us Pro Stock fans they had to the nerve to show that lame Scelzi Says crap. They blow.

Last edited:
Why did they play 5 miniutes of prerace at the start, 4 minutes of rain delay, replay of top fuel classes before each round watch Angel & Ron cry, interveiw every round winning top fuel driver & of course run Ron & Gary's bits. Cut out half of this crap & we could have watched every race of every round of the pro classes.
These things are cute but, am I the only one that watches the race for the race?

I wonder how Page would feel if all the drivers mutilated HIS name.

Of course the name Paul Page doesn't leave much room for creativity, but I'm sure Scelzi or somebody can come up with something. :p

bottom line is the tennis had nothing to do with it, they could have ran us over a half an hour but god forbid they start the 12 year old kids from alaska and thier ball game late. espn sucks period!

I know this isn't how the majority feels, but Pro Stock Car is my favorite class to watch and I just got ripped off! I'm pissed! :mad:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back