Classic Drag Racing Video of the day... (1 Viewer)

Everyone who thinks slowing down the fuel cars a bit will make them less exciting needs to watch these vids.

got that right!

(heck I'd even be willing to go back to the delayed broadcasts if they'd make them as enjoyable to watch as the old Diamond P shows...)

WHAT IS THIS SOME KIND OF JOKE?!?! GOTTA HAVE THE VIDEO OF THE MOTOWN SHAKER BREAKING ON THE BURNOUT!!!

HOW DARE YOU TIMMAH!! :p:p

extremely cool vids!!

Everyone who thinks slowing down the fuel cars a bit will make them less exciting needs to watch these vids.

I think that's comparing Apples and Oranges. In 1977 the thought of 4 second cars was a Pipe dream. The performance and ET records is what Drag racing's always been about IMO. Watching FC's run low 6's was the norm in the late 70's, today it would be like watching Paint dry!

The next time I stop by Al Berglers shop I know what I'll be bringing up. I had to call my buddy who was one of his crew guys and rib him about his hair.

It was interesting to see the ETs & Speeds.
The attempt to match the late '70s combination to the current NF/C's has worked rather well.
The 6.20s @ 230s with real Nitro percentage & a points mag, plus dry hops.
I sure like the results from the group that developed VRA rules for the current cars.

Watching FC's run low 6's was the norm in the late 70's, today it would be like watching Paint dry!

Then please skip the California Hot Rod Reunion this week ... there will be thousands of spectators watching that slow paint dry and thoroughly enjoying every minute of the time! There will probably be more funny cars there in Bakersfield than at the NHRA BIG Show event on the same weekend.

Ask Ron Capps, Cruz Pedregon and Del Worsham how boring those slow cars are and where they'd like to be next weekend.

I'll take a nostalgia race any day over the NHRA show.
I have attended several this year and last and even participated in a few, and I find them much more entertaining, exciting, and affordable than any NHRA race I've been to.
To me, the ET's, while important, are secondary. I like the unpredicability of the nostalgia cars and the fact that the people out there doing it are doing it for the love of the sport and the challenge.
I'm sick of the spoiled brat egos of many of the big show drivers.
I was at Martin, MI. last Saturday and the folks there were just as excited to see cars like the Motown Shaker and the Wonder Wagon run personal best ET's, as they would have been to see the big show cars run in the 4's.

I was at Martin, MI. last Saturday and the folks there were just as excited to see cars like the Motown Shaker and the Wonder Wagon run personal best ET's, as they would have been to see the big show cars run in the 4's.

Kyle Wurtzel's run in the 5's for the first time is quite an accomplishment, Justin Grant is also sneaking up on the 5's too. Congratulations to both, wish I could have been there.

I'll take a nostalgia race any day over the NHRA show.
I have attended several this year and last and even participated in a few, and I find them much more entertaining, exciting, and affordable than any NHRA race I've been to.
To me, the ET's, while important, are secondary. I like the unpredicability of the nostalgia cars and the fact that the people out there doing it are doing it for the love of the sport and the challenge.
I'm sick of the spoiled brat egos of many of the big show drivers.

AMEN ROCK!...i passed on the national event at Route 66 to go to the Indy GGs race with Kyle and I don't regret it one bit! :cool:

Then please skip the California Hot Rod Reunion this week ... there will be thousands of spectators watching that slow paint dry and thoroughly enjoying every minute of the time! There will probably be more funny cars there in Bakersfield than at the NHRA BIG Show event on the same weekend.

Ask Ron Capps, Cruz Pedregon and Del Worsham how boring those slow cars are and where they'd like to be next weekend.

Don't try to turn around what I said please! I said TODAY's Funny cars, not NOSTALGIA! There is a difference! Nostalgia cars run what they did in their day, Today's FC's running low 6's? Yeah that would like watching paint dry!

And for the Billionth time, I don't hate Nostalgia racing! Some of you out there take everything out of context anytime Nostalgia racing's discussed! I love it when Bucky's and others do exhibition runs at Pomona, I just can't justify throwing down $1,000 to go to a Nostalgia race. Not enough cars for me is all.

Last edited:
As long time drag racing fan I enjoy the nostalgia nitro racing and the big show nitro racing. Nitro=fun. How could you go wrong with either.

To this day I don't understand the need for some to pit both styles against one another. I'm really hoping the nostalgia thing will be able to stand on its own. It's always a good thing when there are places to race a nitro car and to go and watch a nitro race. Whether it's big show or nostalgia.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back