Classic Summernationals Video (1 Viewer)

Great stuff Bobby..........................

............back when they awarded 50 points for Top Speed of the Event!:D

That was one of the hottest events on record, the humidity was just brutal that year. They just did get the finals in, because shortly after the last pair there was a monsoon-like rain.

Wow!!! the announcing was a lot better back in the day! Got nothing against Mike Dunn but I cant stand having to listen to Paul Page stumble over every word that come across the teleprompter the whole freakin race. Its not only the stuttering but the guy announces stuff wrong all the time. Ok vent over.

Really cool video!

i commented on this a few weeks ago. i don't know who put that on youtube,
but it is great to watch..........sans guardrails.

Wow!!! the announcing was a lot better back in the day! Got nothing against Mike Dunn but I cant stand having to listen to Paul Page stumble over every word that come across the teleprompter the whole freakin race. Its not only the stuttering but the guy announces stuff wrong all the time. Ok vent over.

Really cool video!

Someone just HAD to get a page bash in. :rolleyes:

I actually saw those vids a while back, pretty good stuff.

lol some stuff said in those videos that nobody would say today lol for example not having to remove the heads and only needing to change plugs

The good 'ole days! Great stuff Bobby! Certainly brings a smile to my face to see the movers and shakers in the sport, the drivers, announcers, the atmosphere! What a great time it was back then! :D

A great reminder of how things were and where the sport has gone since.;)

Thanks for bringing back a wonderful slice of history for those of us here to enjoy!

Really cool video!
........and they also had weeks to prepare those episodes, none were same day coverage back then.

Anyone remember just how dangerous E-Town's shut down was in those days?

Ask Johnny West!

YouTube - Dragster Crash NHRA Funny Car Knocked Out Driver

Joe, do you remember what year this happened? I remember seeing it back in the days of TNN and American Sports Cavalcade. What amazed me was the end of the track appeared to just have a guardrail. No net, no sand, nothing but the guardrail. That's some real "plan for the worst" thinking right there. NOT!

Joe, do you remember what year this happened? I remember seeing it back in the days of TNN and American Sports Cavalcade. What amazed me was the end of the track appeared to just have a guardrail. No net, no sand, nothing but the guardrail. That's some real "plan for the worst" thinking right there. NOT!

That video reminds me of what happened to an alcohol racer here in new zealand a couple of years ago except there was no initial crash , I think there is a video on you tube somewhere . Wait here it is

YouTube - alcohol funny car crash in nz

Wow that brings back memories...did anyone notice that they left the body on Snake's car while they were working on it...a big differance from today!!:rolleyes:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back