Brittany Reaction Times (1 Viewer)

One other question. Where was the Safety Safari when she had that boomer? She sat in that car for half a minute while it was on fire. When she finally climbed out, the Safety Safari still wasn't there.
I am sorry. If your car is stopped, and on fire, get the hell out. Why wait? Unless injured, she should be able to get out of the car. Recently at the March Meet a car stalled at the end of the burnout, and I was shocked at how long it took for that driver to get out of the car.

If we're basing Brittany's reaction times on the season opener, then Steve-o needs some help as well. He was 070's and 090's. Brittany did show some improvement at the end of last season. I think the inconsistent car has to play into a driver's mind. Not knowing whether the car will go A to B has to be a minor distraction in the mind while staging. Hopefully Grubby gets it turned around sooner, rather than later.

Had some time to go back through the results on NHRA.com from Indy through Pomona2 and here's Brittany's results. Her RT is listed first.
Brittany vs Brown 065-054 ; lost 3.87 et
Brittany vs Pruett 088-083 ; lost 3.76 et
Brittany vs Opatrny 048-105; won 3.71 et
Brittany vs Prock 060-064; lost 4.83 et
Brittany vs Torrence 091-054; won 3.73 et
Brittany vs Schumacher 056 - 078; lost 3.80 et
Brittany vs Massey 061-045; lost 4.67 et
Brittany vs Torrence 083-118; lost 3.78 et
Brittany vs Brown 058-056; won 3.70 et
Brittany vs Ashley 063-064; lost 5.42 et

.067 average over those 10 runs. without looking it up, would guess that puts her around average for class?
OK. Not Brittany, but let’s take a look at Phoenix. Schumacher versus Ashley for Winternationals final. I don’t know what light Tony had, seems like a 40 or so. The Brat hooked a 20-something light. How is that even possible? It sounds like a good guess, on his part, but he sure guesses well most of the time! I don’t even know how it can be that quick. How is it even possible that someone can, consistently, cut 20 to 40 lights in a 300 inch long top fuel car? This isn’t a one time occurrence. The Brat does it all the time! That’s just weird.

Last edited:
OK. Not Brittany, but let’s take a look at Phoenix. Schumacher versus Ashley for Winternationals final. I don’t know what light Tony had, seems like a 40 or so. The Brat hooked a 20-something light. How is that even possible? It sounds like a good guess, on his part, but he sure guesses well most of the time! I don’t even know how it can be that quick. How is it even possible that someone can, consistently, cut 20 to 40 lights in a 300 inch long top fuel car? This isn’t a one time occurrence. The Brat does it all the time! That’s just weird.
Are we like 5? Why do we need to be name calling? The lack of maturity and class from some of you when it comes to Justin is just embarrassing.

Whether he’s figured out a system or naturally gifted with the neurons, he’s just that good. With the early success last year, I didn’t see any way they don’t win the championship. Peaking in the countdown of course is key.

As for Brittany, her best lights this year were in the .070s and only two of those plus a .089, .510, .124 and .094. Never going to beat a car like Justin’s or others unless they blow the setup. Disappointing for a fan (and her, Dad and Grubby I’m betting).

Whether he’s figured out a system or naturally gifted with the neurons, he’s just that good. With the early success last year, I didn’t see any way they don’t win the championship. Peaking in the countdown of course is key.

As for Brittany, her best lights this year were in the .070s and only two of those plus a .089, .510, .124 and .094. Never going to beat a car like Justin’s or others unless they blow the setup. Disappointing for a fan (and her, Dad and Grubby I’m betting).
Being gifted (or putting the work in) on reaction times gives you the consistency to react in a narrow window every time. Once that is achieved, then you can tweak you staging procedure and/or throttle setup to shift the RT one way or another. Pro Stock racers can consistently cut 20s-40s all day long. The fuel class drivers have just been a little later to the party to focus on this.

It used to be that a .90 light in top fuel was considered a good light. Now you're late. Young guys like Justin have made everyone be more focused on lights so you see the reaction times for the entire class coming down.

Are we like 5? Why do we need to be name calling? The lack of maturity and class from some of you when it comes to Justin is just embarrassing.
Paul
I could not agree with you more. I am getting sick of the name calling. those of you that like to call names please show your real name and include the last time you strapped your ass in a fuel car, I have for years. Name calling on this site is not needed, only respect is needed for those who spend their money and risk their lives to put on a show for You name callers that only drive a laptop keyboard.
Larry Sutton---🤠

Last edited:
Paul
I could not agree with you more. I am getting sick of the name calling. those of you that like to call names please show your real name and include the last time you strapped your ass in a fuel car, I have for years. Name calling on this site is not needed, only respect is needed for those who spend their money and risk their lives to put on a show for You name callers that only drive a laptop keyboard.
Larry Sutton---🤠
Well said Larry 👍

Paul
Larry Sutton
I would like to add to my post, and it most likely will get removed. Mr. LoPony (now Chris French as of my post today) you are new to the site as of July 14, 2023 but sense you join you have called many of great racers names including Garlits,Shirley, Ashley etc. If Don Garlits is such a #$@^&*$ as you said, why did you take your picture with him. how about posting your resume for your back ground in drag racing, if you are so knowledgeable of all the racers you call names or are you a professional grand stand seat warmer.
Larry Sutton---Lions Starter and racer (RET,)🤠

Last edited:
I would like to add to my post, and it most likely will get removed. Mr. LoPlo (now Chris French as of my post today) you are new to the site as of July 14, 2023 but sense you join you have called many of great racers names including Garlits,Shirley, Ashley etc. If Don Garlits is such a #$@^&*$ as you said, why did you take your picture with him. how about posting your resume for your back ground on drag racing, if you are so knowledgeable of all the racers you call names or are you a professional grand stand seat warmer.
Larry Sutton---Lions Starter and racer (RET,)🤠
Larry, that was the whole point of my post. I think you missed it. These people are heroes to us, as fans, and we don’t expect them to act like an ass. Of course, I always wanted a picture with Garlits. Hey, he was a jerk, to many fans not just me. But he’s still the greatest, I’m not going to pass up a photo op with him. I don’t think your post will get removed, I think you just didn’t get it. It’s OK. We love you dude.

Another point I was trying to make was Garlits versus Shirley Muldowney. Shirley was crabby, but Garlits was way crabbier. However, these people are still the greatest. It’s hard when your hero doesn’t live up to whatever expectations you’ve built up in your head. But somehow that doesn’t change the fact that they are still the hero.

Last edited:
Here's another immature post from Chris French from the Camrie crash thread. I'll bet that Chris French wouldn't have the stones to say ANYTHING face-to-face with either Justin Ashley or Alan Reinhardt.

Chris French

Nitro Member
sounded to me from NHRA.tv feed that she got back into throttle - at least some? quite strange what happened with the car.
She got back in the throttle about half track. But Alan Reinhart’s big mouth, and the lack of microphones at the finish line, made it inconclusive. I just could not figure it out.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back