Arend Discusses Departure from Kalitta Team (1 Viewer)

This is just absolutely one of those situations that sucks so much but really makes so much sense. Jeff Arend just seems to be an amazingly classy and good guy. I, for one, would love to see him get the open DSR top fuel ride, if he would like to drive a dragster.

I've enjoyed Jeff's infrequent blogs. His demeanor here makes me appreciate his quality even more. Pure CLASS!

Before Jeff and Windy moved to La Verne I used to see them at the local supermarket or restaurants in San Dimas. It was like like running into your neighbor -- hearty handshake, slap on the back, etc. I wish him nothing but the best, I'm sure he'll land on his feet. Hey maybe he's still the same size as Force and can test for him! :D

Jeff's a class act. I wish him the best and I hope he finds a ride. There's alot of great drivers on the side lines.

Now that's a class response. Hope he gets a great ride because anyone with that much class deserves one.

"loser worsham"???? :confused:

A bit harsh, doncha think?? Why rip Del, he had nothing to do with the decision. It so happens Delago's move triggered what turned out to be quite a ripple effect.

It's Conrad's racing operation, and he makes the calls. If you're gonna rip anyone, rip him. In fact, do it to his face! I'd PAY to see the outcome of that! :p

Arend is as good as del...please why does loser worsham get these chances:mad: because he could not tune??

Del is not a loser, and I am sure that Del would be the first to tell you that the Patron car did not run to his expectations at times this year. But to say he couldn't tune??? Laughable.

Like another poster said, it was Conrad's call. Tough deal all the way around, by all accounts Jeff was liked by the Michigan gang, and what is Del supposed to do when the ride is offered to him, say no? Any driver will take the ride when it is offered, and he knows any driver would take his ride in a heartbeat if it was offered to them. The game has been ever thus. Nothing personal, just business.

There is a way this whole deal can be smoothed over ... Chuck Worsham has a big show car and a Nostalgia car ... Why not give Jeff a few rides next year? Then everyone gets what they want for the most part.

While I agree that it's sad for a nice guy like Arend, drivers have always had a tough time keeping a ride. Anyone remember how Arend got the CSK ride? After Phil Burkhart Jr had a career season, easily besting car owner Del Worsham, he was fired to allow Arend to have the ride. What goes around...

I can't believe the things I read here sometimes. Del a loser? Probably THEE dumbest post of the year. Del's driving record speaks for itself, and I think his 1st full year of tuning was a success. And remember folks, there's only ONE way a driver is forever secure in a ride: Own it.

And remember folks, there's only ONE way a driver is forever secure in a ride: Own it.

THIS +1,000

This is why I am putting all of my faith in the powerball lottery ... can't miss, lock of the century, I don't know why anyone else bothered to buy a ticket ... wait, my odds of winning are what?!?!?!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back