Major Moves At Kalitta Official (1 Viewer)

Don't forget that Del is a family person, someone that Connie may have a natural affinity with. Del raced for decades with his dad, and it may just be that Connie looks at Del as someone close to his heart. Just as Connie has raced with his son and nephew, he may see something in Del that rings true. This may be less of a business decision than a personal one.

Ok. So what is that business decision?? What makes del more desirable from a business prospective than jeff ?? Just asking:confused:

I guess I should have been more clear, I didn't mean a business decision in the classic sense of dollars and cents, though I am sure that figured into it somewhat (cheaper to pay 1 driver than it is 2 ... though I don't believe this is the reason). I meant it was Conrad's business and he had a tough decision to make. I believe if there was a way Conrad could have kept both, he would have. I also reserve the right to be wrong in light of future information LOL.

I guess I should have been more clear, I didn't mean a business decision in the classic sense of dollars and cents, though I am sure that figured into it somewhat (cheaper to pay 1 driver than it is 2 ... though I don't believe this is the reason). I meant it was Conrad's business and he had a tough decision to make. I believe if there was a way Conrad could have kept both, he would have. I also reserve the right to be wrong in light of future information LOL.
you might speculate that Del had a 3 year deal and was going to get paid to do something. Jeff on the other hand had no such agreement. I doubt Del would have left AJR if he didn't have some kind of guarantee from Conrad. If the money came along for a third FC I'd bet Jeff might get a call. He just happened to be the odd man out.

Don't forget that Del is a family person, someone that Connie may have a natural affinity with. Del raced for decades with his dad, and it may just be that Connie looks at Del as someone close to his heart. Just as Connie has raced with his son and nephew, he may see something in Del that rings true. This may be less of a business decision than a personal one.

This has to be some of the dumbest speculation I have ever read on the Mater.

Are you saying Jeff isn't a "family person"?

This has to be some of the dumbest speculation I have ever read on the Mater.

Are you saying Jeff isn't a "family person"?

That has to some of the biggest hyperbole I've ever read on the mater. Why the hate?

My point is that perhaps Connie sees something of himself and his family racing heritage in Del and his father and wanted to support Del's wish to get back behind the wheel. Nothing negative about Jeff.

He's a tuner and a driver is the one major thing that I would find desirable from a business perspective.
From listening to Alexis' interview on WFO, this sounds like where the decision came from. She said that they want to get the cars exactly alike, build championship contenders, and that Del will assist in all of the tuning. Kind of makes sense to have a guy in the seat that can also contribute a great deal to the tune up. Still sucks for Jeff though.

Ok. So what is that business decision?? What makes del more desirable from a business prospective than jeff ?? Just asking:confused:

It has been reported that Patron will be an associate sponsor on the DHL car. Could it be that the same person that demanded that Del be hired as her crew chief has now strongly suggested that Del drive the DHL car and put money up to make it happen? Just speculation.

It has been reported that Patron will be an associate sponsor on the DHL car. Could it be that the same person that demanded that Del be hired as her crew chief has now strongly suggested that Del drive the DHL car and put money up to make it happen? Just speculation.

I'd bet money on it

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back