Major Moves At Kalitta Official (1 Viewer)

So stoked with the return of Del!! Looking forward to 2013!:D

Bummed for Jeff though, he is definitely a shoe and helped pick up the FC program at Kalitta.

Jeff is just one of the really good guys in racing. Always a good interview. Good driver. Sorry to see him lose this ride.

Yeah, as much as I like Del, Connie and all of the Kalitta team mates, it sucks seeing Arend loose his ride. Best of luck to all of them.

Soon as the rumbles about Del getting back into the seat started to be felt ... I was scared that Jeff was going to be left out. I am so bummed for Jeff, he is one of the good guys in the game.

I hope Jeff can have a happy birthday anyway, I will raise a glass in his honor tonight!

makes you wonder about Del's retirement from driving last year doesn't it.
too bad for Jeff. Hope he finds a ride. Lot's of guys out there looking.

I like Jeff also, But there are more things to being a driver with a team than Driving. Ask Cory, Or Spencer. I'm not saying he did anything wrong sometimes it just looks better on the other side of the fence. Connie's the one looking over the fence, His decision, His deal

Hope Jeff finds a ride

If the same guys are tuning the DHL car the results will be the same whether Del or Jeff is driving.

Hope Delago can due better there than his last year with Hagen.

I still think it will be the same as usual, a toss up between DSR and Force for the F/C championship with an occassional blip on the radar with all the other teams and DSR will win Top Fuel.
The NHRA is becoming pretty predictable! LOL

I would like to personally thank Jeff Arend for his time with Kalitta Motorsports. I'm nobody special; I'm just a fan who loves racing, and someone who happened to become a Kalitta family fan and friend through the years, purely through my father, who knew Connie and Doug Sr. a long time ago in the late 1940's-early 1950's.

In 2008, the racing world needed hope and some good news. That good news came in the form of a smiling, fan-friendly face, in the wake of a tragic and highly-publicized racing accident. Jeff brought fun and hope back to a heartbroken team Kalitta along with renewed optimism and determination to win. From the very first indication we all had that the Kalitta family would be returning a funny car to competition with Jeff Arend driving - Jeff was absolutely adamant that he was driving Scott's car. From his very first qualifying pass at Indy that year, or winning handing Connie Kalitta their Wally, up to a month ago in Pomona..... it was alway's Scott's car. It's also just as great to hear Del Worsham say the exact same thing, right here today.

Jeff if you're reading this, I wish you the best. With your professionalism, skill, work ethic and your positive outlook - I'm confident you will succeed wherever life takes you. Good Luck to you and your family, and I thank you for the couple of times that we got to interact.

Del Worsham has been a Kalitta friend for a long time. I wish him great success in driving Scott's car, and I will be anxiously watching for the day when he hands Mr. Kalitta his next Wally.

Good luck to Team Kalitta!

I would like to personally thank Jeff Arend for his time with Kalitta Motorsports. I'm nobody special; I'm just a fan who loves racing, and someone who happened to become a Kalitta family fan and friend through the years, purely through my father, who knew Connie and Doug Sr. a long time ago in the late 1940's-early 1950's.

In 2008, the racing world needed hope and some good news. That good news came in the form of a smiling, fan-friendly face, in the wake of a tragic and highly-publicized racing accident. Jeff brought fun and hope back to a heartbroken team Kalitta along with renewed optimism and determination to win. From the very first indication we all had that the Kalitta family would be returning a funny car to competition with Jeff Arend driving - Jeff was absolutely adamant that he was driving Scott's car. From his very first qualifying pass at Indy that year, or winning handing Connie Kalitta their Wally, up to a month ago in Pomona..... it was alway's Scott's car. It's also just as great to hear Del Worsham say the exact same thing, right here today.

Jeff if you're reading this, I wish you the best. With your professionalism, skill, work ethic and your positive outlook - I'm confident you will succeed wherever life takes you. Good Luck to you and your family, and I thank you for the couple of times that we got to interact.

Del Worsham has been a Kalitta friend for a long time. I wish him great success in driving Scott's car, and I will be anxiously watching for the day when he hands Mr. Kalitta his next Wally.

Good luck to Team Kalitta!

Here, here Chris!! Great post!!

As fans, we like our drag racing loud, fast & perfectly gift-wrapped. In a perfect world, everyone races fair & honest, nobody gets hurt and all of our favorites - and even some of our less than favorites - get to race at each and every event. The problem is that the sport has evolved (or devolved, depending on one's perspective) into a huge business and the utopian racing world we dream about is simply not possible. Business requires difficult and sometimes unpopular decisions. Often times, those decisions are made based largely on information and circumstances that we fans don't know nor have access to - despite our access to the internet and all the propaganda it provides.

This was one of those decisions, and because I don't think I've ever heard a bad word uttered with respect to Jeff Arend, us fans don't like it - It's human nature. But the reality is, why the decison was made is none of our business. Don Schumacher, Conrad Kalitta, John Force, etc. are all hugely successful because they've all made difficult and sometimes unpopular decisons that in most cases worked. We can question and discuss it as much as we want, but until we've walked a mile in their shoes...

I've chatted with Jeff at the races & I've PM'd with him a few times and I am one of the thousands of people who happen to think he's a great guy, not just a great racer. I wish him nothing but success and happiness, whether in racing or elsewhere.

Del, for all intents and purposes, is also a great guy and a great racer I wish him the same success and happiness. Lets face it, we missed seeing him out there racing and we're bummed that for that to happen again, another of our favorites has been sidelined - hopefully only temporarily.

Good luck to all concerned parties.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back