Force Confirms Medlen Departure (1 Viewer)

I'm a lot surprised.
Forget the man, and the respect between John and John.
It's the intellectual property that Medlan has aquired at JFR that now moves on the DSR. That's a move that benefits one team, and removes the advantages that took years to develop from the other.
That's not a little thing, that's the entire JFR playbook now on Don Schumacher's desk for him to enjoy.

I guess that's racing.:cool:

I'm sure Medlen had a reason to leave that we'll never find out. It's not that he woke up one morning and said "I'll quit Force and go to work for Schumacher". We'll all just sit here for the next month and speculate.

I'm curious to know if Medlan chose to quit and contacted Schumacher or did Schumacher make him an offer he couldn't refuse. Either way I'm surprised.

With death comes change and im guessing that only fathers who have lost children know of these changes. I, myself, would find it hard coming to work everyday in the environment that John M. was in. Sometimes, no matter the deal, the shock and grieving that comes with death is healed by putting some of it behind you. Im not saying you forget but you must move on.

With that in mind....maybe its was time for a change of scenery. Maybe not tuning and not being on the road was the straw that broke that camel down.

Good luck to all involved.

I'm a lot surprised.
It's the intellectual property that Medlan has aquired at JFR that now moves on the DSR. That's a move that benefits one team, and removes the advantages that took years to develop from the other.
That's not a little thing, that's the entire JFR playbook now on Don Schumacher's desk for him to enjoy.

John Medlen may in fact be bringing some of the Force tune up book to DSR, but I think it's safe to say that when John hired Zippy away from DSR, portions of the DSR tune up book ended up at Camp Force too.

I'm a lot surprised.

I don't think DSR makes their own stuff like JFR does. DSR uses AJPE parts JFR doesn't.
So far JFR is the most consistant team out there but DSR ain't far behind.
I wish everyone involved the best of luck it only makes it better for the fans.

Frankly, I don't think anyone here knows sh!t.

But that doesn't stop people from coming up with it.

It sure was hard to see John Medlen wearing a different team shirt today but if this is what keeps this man in the sport, so be it.

I will still cheer for JM no matter where he is. He's a true gentleman and again, I wish him nothing but the best.

But, no, Timmah, still not shocked....

A couple of thoughts here:
1. I will always respect John Medlen
2. The loss of the the forth car, wasn't that John's project?
3. The fact that Bernie is now "off the raod" has to have some effect.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back