4 National event tracks w/longest shutdown? (1 Viewer)

Sean, you hit a cactus at Wild Horse??? That's almost funny. almost cuz a big cactus weighs a couple thousand pounds & could really tear up a car (and the driver). Heard a story of a glider landing at one of the fields around here and it hit a big cactus. The cactus fell over on the glider. Squish.....

Sean, you hit a cactus at Wild Horse??? That's almost funny. almost cuz a big cactus weighs a couple thousand pounds & could really tear up a car (and the driver). Heard a story of a glider landing at one of the fields around here and it hit a big cactus. The cactus fell over on the glider. Squish.....
I was driving Ron Meer's TAFC at the divisional race there in 2007. Night qualifier and went off the end no chutes. I was doing a piss poor job of getting the thing stopped knowing that I had a lot of room down there, and it was DDDAAARRRRKKKK. Then I heard a thud and the car filled will "stuff"... a mixture of just... stuff... truth be told I think I hit a big ass tumble weed/bush. We spent the majority of the evening cleaning and de-weeding the car. Bob Devour was my crew chief at the time and I remember him joking with me that of all the things I could hit down there I found the one bush that could explode and make a mess. Haha.

Better a tumble weed than a cactus! I have seen some BIG tumble weeds on the roads and country side. They can scratch up a car if you hit them, especially if it gets real windy. When you drive down I-10 from Phoenix to Tucson, you get to Eloy and that is the dust storm corridor. Storms get so bad you cannot see anything and you're lucky if the blowing grit doesn't mess up the paint on your car.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back