2021 NHRA class schedule (1 Viewer)

Kyle is correct. It is my understanding that NHRA listened to and worked with the tracks and teams to make this come together.

Many tracks have developed the Friday evening "Prime Time" session into it's own cult following. Just look at what they tried at the Texas Motorplex this year. But it really needs the Pro cars to make it work. By making one run Friday they can still have that. It also allows the teams to fly in Friday (obviously the trucks and trailers will be there) but guys like Connie and Torrence and even the independent teams should feel comfortable flying in Friday afternoon so they gain at least part of a day in the office. They are still saving the cost of one run as well.

I'm not on the calls or distribution list but I think it goes a long way to showing that everyone is working together for the long term good of the sport.

Just my opinion, as always.
Alan

Aw Chicago, that place has fallen on hard times.
Used to have two NHRA events, Nascar and IndyCar, all in one year.
Now nothing.

At least we got some clarification on the number of qualifying passes for the nitro cars in 2021.

I sent NHRA an email last night, voicing my concerns about Seattle (the only event that is within a 12 hour driving distance from my home in Canada) having Pro qualifying on Saturday only / no pros on Friday. This morning NHRA's VP of National Event Marketing, phoned me at home to thank me for my email and to explain why the decision was made. If that doesn't prove that NHRA cares about their fans, I don't know what does !

I sent NHRA an email last night, voicing my concerns about Seattle (the only event that is within a 12 hour driving distance from my home in Canada) having Pro qualifying on Saturday only / no pros on Friday. This morning NHRA's VP of National Event Marketing, phoned me at home to thank me for my email and to explain why the decision was made. If that doesn't prove that NHRA cares about their fans, I don't know what does !
I too, am disappointed that there won't be pro qualifying on Friday. But at least we get Top Fuel Harley back.

lower friday ticket prices to be announced soon ........... yeah right 🤣😆😅😂

YES. They are lowering ticket prices for Friday if the Pros aren't running. I was told that bc I rolled my 2020 tickets over to 2021 I would get a credit for the difference. So they ARE being fair.

For a number of years now, a group of us from Inland Mopars Car Club always attended the Friday qualifying at both Pomona events. We all preferred attending the Friday pro qualifying because we got to see all of the pro cars run as well as less crowded conditions in the pits, at the concessions, and in the grandstands. First we lost the 2021 Finals event in its entirety - which we already had tickets purchased for. Now we've lost the Friday pro qualifying at the Winternationals.
We all understand the reasoning behind the decisions made by NHRA, but we sure will miss getting our 'nitro fix' at the Winternationals. As everybody else is, we're hopeful for a return to normalcy ASAP.
'

YES. They are lowering ticket prices for Friday if the Pros aren't running. I was told that bc I rolled my 2020 tickets over to 2021 I would get a credit for the difference. So they ARE being fair.
i'm guessing you mean the 5 events without friday nitro will have lower ticket prices?.......i was referring to the 17 races that do have the single nitro Q.

i'm guessing you mean the 5 events without friday nitro will have lower ticket prices?.......i was referring to the 17 races that do have the single nitro Q.

Yes. I was referring to those 5 events. To be honest I never thought of the other 17 with 1 Pro session on Friday. Hmmm

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back