2021 NHRA class schedule (1 Viewer)

Kyle is correct. It is my understanding that NHRA listened to and worked with the tracks and teams to make this come together.

Many tracks have developed the Friday evening "Prime Time" session into it's own cult following. Just look at what they tried at the Texas Motorplex this year. But it really needs the Pro cars to make it work. By making one run Friday they can still have that. It also allows the teams to fly in Friday (obviously the trucks and trailers will be there) but guys like Connie and Torrence and even the independent teams should feel comfortable flying in Friday afternoon so they gain at least part of a day in the office. They are still saving the cost of one run as well.

I'm not on the calls or distribution list but I think it goes a long way to showing that everyone is working together for the long term good of the sport.

Just my opinion, as always.
Alan
Back when we ran the IHRA series (2005-2008) they had the 1 pro session on Friday nights at most of their races. I thought it worked well for us.

From a spectator point of view I'm hoping this will work. Personally it would give me the option of not burning a day off from work to attend a local national event on a Friday. If there's a slightly reduced ticket price, then that would be a plus as well.

I also think it would be a great opportunity to bring new fans or casual fans to the track because it's a shorter day.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back