NHRA announces 2022 National Event class schedule (1 Viewer)

Al

Nitro Member

I was glad to see that all of the events still include both Top Fuel and Funny Car. A comment they made when announcing the schedule of events awhile back, made it sound like that may not be the case. Hopefully it will still be 16 car fields as that part isn't included on today's announcement. The last event I attended with 8 car fields was Fremont's Golden Gate Nationals in 1982. It was a shame to see top cars like Shirley, Lucille Lee, Raymond Beedle, Al Segrini etc., not qualify, so lets hope that 16 car fields are still there.
I was also glad to see that, other than losing the Top Fuel Harleys, the Seattle event that I attend every year, is unchanged in it's classes competing there. Hopefully, there are not too many changes for the events that the rest of you attend.

I would say for sure there will be 16 car fields. Car counts should increase in 2022 in the pro classes. To me the big surprise of the announcement is Pro Mod will no longer be going to Vegas2. They cut the series back to 10 events (by the request of the racers) but bummed that the final event will be in Dallas. I realize the car counts are low in Vegas due to the travel but they left Brainerd on the list which had the fewest cars of the entire season.

I would say for sure there will be 16 car fields. Car counts should increase in 2022 in the pro classes. To me the big surprise of the announcement is Pro Mod will no longer be going to Vegas2. They cut the series back to 10 events (by the request of the racers) but bummed that the final event will be in Dallas. I realize the car counts are low in Vegas due to the travel but they left Brainerd on the list which had the fewest cars of the entire season.
Heard that the racers that went to Brainerd loved it.

Heard that the racers that went to Brainerd loved it.
The ones that went did. Ditto for Denver. I know they put them in Brainerd because they are not having Pro Stock and Pro Stock bike. Great for the fans up north but disappointed for the fans out west.

Still waiting to hear if they are going to run 3 or 4 pro qualifying sessions next year (or 5 for Indy.) People I talked to at Pomona generally felt they were going back to 4 but no one knew for sure.

there was major new asphalt pits put in place at BIR just a couple years ago to accommodate a LOT of classes. so new it still doesn't show on google earth or bing maps.
snowmobiles always a staple @ BIR but were not there this last summer, at least on saturday.......doug winter's '69 chevelle PM is sponsored by airport ground support equipment company
STINAR, based in southern MN.......i am also surprised to see PM and MMPS returning there again, and the absence of PS and PSB two years in a row.
why have a 6 race playoff for 4 pro classes, and PS and PSB only race at 5?

Still waiting to hear if they are going to run 3 or 4 pro qualifying sessions next year (or 5 for Indy.) People I talked to at Pomona generally felt they were going back to 4 but no one knew for sure.
From what I understand, some will have three and some will have four. Bandimere said they will have four. Can’t say about Indy. With the return of Monday finals I think there is a decent chance of 5 sessions with one on Friday.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back