Zmax drag strip (2 Viewers)

In the meetings I have been in, The 4 lanes will try to work like this.... One set of lanes will be used for Nitro cars and the other for the Pro stock cars and bikes.. Then the sportmans cars will be divided between the 2 sets of lanes... This is what I have heard.... But it will not take place this years as they are just trying to get 2 lanes ready for the race....

Today at the zMAX dragway was nice. The weather was super. The place looked sharp. As Matt said, they are olny running one side, the west side. There was some rubber put down, during the street-legal drag racing. They did not show any times or MPH. I think Bristol is a super track and this one will be as nice or nicer. Oh Yeah everyone that lives within 1 mile of the track could get free tickets to the race. There was a sign at Hooter and it said "Welcome Drag Strippers".

Be Interesting to see how the Battle between Bruton and Kenny Nowling of the ADRL shapes out? They are running Dragstock the same weekend, how far is the Rock from Concord?

depending on how you drive and what route you take.. there is an hour to hour and half drive time....

Billy

In the meetings I have been in, The 4 lanes will try to work like this.... One set of lanes will be used for Nitro cars and the other for the Pro stock cars and bikes.. Then the sportmans cars will be divided between the 2 sets of lanes... This is what I have heard.... But it will not take place this years as they are just trying to get 2 lanes ready for the race....

I like Bruton and I know he has Great Ideas but I wonder if he knows enough about the Fuel Cars to know what the gushing unburned fuel and a ton of clutch dust and chunks of flying rubber will do to those Pro Stocks who already complain about the clutch dust when they follow the Fuel Cars.
It's a longstanding sore spot with them trying to get the NHRA to clean up the dust.

Well, whilst the track/facility looks amazing. Here is the first and I'd say only flaw....

goingtosucktobeinthesestands.jpg

Look how far away from the action you are. This was one of the reasons I thought the four lane idea sucked.

Hey ol buddy, ol pal...lets you and me go down there and have us a look see! I'll pick you up! Hmmmmmmm, I wonder if they'd want a Merc on the grounds for some "first annual" atmosphere????? Might have to make a couple calls! If they'd feed us I'd drive it down there!

Bob, I think yer right sir. This obviously needs to be completely investigated, in person, by a couple geezers...er...um....I mean a couple vintage fans like us. (that sounds better).
We owe it to the rest to go evaluate this first hand. Let's GO.

Bob, I think yer right sir. This obviously needs to be completely investigated, in person, by a couple geezers...er...um....I mean a couple vintage fans like us. (that sounds better).
We owe it to the rest to go evaluate this first hand. Let's GO.

Vintage fans? I'm a newbie! What's a drag race? What's nitro? Why are they so darned noisy? But I'll go, just to keep you company ya know. I know I won't enjoy those noisy smelly things. Youse people must all be nuts! I really think we should leave right from Indy!

I live 24 miles from this track, and I was there for the open house. I have my tickets for Friday, and Saturday. My friend Izzy was going to get tickets for both days also...he got Friday, Saturday was only spotty 1 seats that were avabible.
The major lanes are centered with the tower, the 2 others are offset to the right looking from the tower. I asked Greg Anderson if he would test here instead of Mooresville (1/8) mile track, he said YES! I have also heard Doug Herbert will have a small speed shop here for the local racers, and for all race events.
The extra two lanes will be for back-up lanes for live TV. That's what I heard.
Well, I guess that's it, we will be testing and tuning on this track in a month or so. Can't wait.
MarkV

Vintage fans? I'm a newbie! What's a drag race? What's nitro? Why are they so darned noisy? But I'll go, just to keep you company ya know. I know I won't enjoy those noisy smelly things. Youse people must all be nuts! I really think we should leave right from Indy!

A newbie?? yeah right. Now Bob what have I told you about taking your medication???

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back