Zmax drag strip (1 Viewer)

Well, I have in my hand 4 tickets, 2 for Saturday, 2 for Sunday, they have a price of $52 each on them. The Saturday tickets are in Section G, at about 180' from the start line, and on Sunday we're in Section Q, at about 500'. For the right price on tickets call Lowe's Motor Speedway. Oh, our seats are in the Stadium seating section, both days. Any questions? Call Lowe's at 1-800-455 FANS. Ask for Mark, although anyone cn help you. And a PS: Lowe's Ticket agents man the phones 24/7, I believe. Try getting that service from NHRA. They are closed weekends, and maybe evenings.

Last edited:
I can see them running the slower class cars 4 at a time to speed up the show. But now I'm speculating, :eek:

Does the barrier in the middle of the 2 tracks run all the the way to the end of the shutdown? Is there turn offs on both sides? Wonder how that would work with 4 cars coming to the turn off at the same time--or worse, different speeds.

Does the barrier in the middle of the 2 tracks run all the the way to the end of the shutdown? Is there turn offs on both sides? Wonder how that would work with 4 cars coming to the turn off at the same time--or worse, different speeds.

I wandering the same thing..... but i am more worried about a far left lane car taking a hard right turn after the finish line...at speed... thast a long way to go an get turned into a wall on the right side if no devider wall in the shut down...

Any news on what Jeggy and Connoly ran?

Report says they made full passes but doesnt say what...

I wanna see if it was fast!:D

Timmah<----Chompin at the bit to finally "OPEN" up a track! I've closed down my share of tracks in California in my life! Can't wait till october! Bobby, i'll bring the diet mt. dew! ;)

No problem, I'm sure you've seen two left turn lanes or two right turn lanes on the roads, and they work fine.

Different speeds?? No.. they would all slow down to get single file to get their ET slips.

Are there any pictures showing the layout of the lanes? If there is a wall between the pairs of lanes where does the safety crew sit? One for each side?

I suppose that could make for a more challenging big buck bracket race if you ran the pairs of cars with two empty lanes and a wall between them. :p

The Biggest sell in the sport is the Atmosphere, and the thought of being 50-60' from the cars for 4-5 pairs then finding out they will now be in the other pair of lanes???? That sounds like a Major Buzz kill! I'm willing to play wait and see here, but I'm still skeptical about this 4 lane business....:rolleyes:

Unless someone (that knows) explains how & when the 4-lane will be used, we will ALL have to "wait-and-see"

Hey ol buddy, ol pal...lets you and me go down there and have us a look see! I'll pick you up! Hmmmmmmm, I wonder if they'd want a Merc on the grounds for some "first annual" atmosphere????? Might have to make a couple calls! If they'd feed us I'd drive it down there!

This place is going to be incredible.

Drag Racing Internet Magazine - Competition Plus.com - ZMAX DRAGWAY ROARS TO LIFE

I have two strips within 90 miles of home. One is going to be awesome and the other I dread. One is owned by Bruton Smith and the other the NHRA.

If the "other" is Commerce, let me share something that may or may not surprise people. A few months ago I went down there to help crew on Ray Murphy's and Richard Hartman's nostalgia nitro funny cars. They were just going down there to make a couple of passes on a Saturday. Would you believe someone in the office told the gate people to CHARGE them for entry? They got it figured out but, not like it shouldn't have been the other way around and the track could have GIVEN them a few bucks to offset what they were already spending. You gonna CHARGE nitro funny cars for making passes at your track? :D

Could they, and would they, clean up one set of lanes while running the other two ? If so it would really speed things up after a oil down.
And make lane choise a bit more interesting.

Went to the open house today, but got there just as they closed. I have been by a few times, but this is the first time since it's been finished. I did see it from the air coming home from Reading - WOW does it look impressive at night.

Let me say that this is way better than the pictures show. By a lot. This is by far the most impressive facility that I have been to. The grandstands are amazing and there are more seats than you can imagine. I have no doubt that ol Bruton will sell the place out too.

This event is going to rock, Nascar fans are in for a treat and NHRA is going to see what Brainerd would be like if there were a million people in the area.

I can't wait!

Went to the open house today, but got there just as they closed. I have been by a few times, but this is the first time since it's been finished. I did see it from the air coming home from Reading - WOW does it look impressive at night.

Let me say that this is way better than the pictures show. By a lot. This is by far the most impressive facility that I have been to. The grandstands are amazing and there are more seats than you can imagine. I have no doubt that ol Bruton will sell the place out too.

This event is going to rock, Nascar fans are in for a treat and NHRA is going to see what Brainerd would be like if there were a million people in the area.

I can't wait!

Be Interesting to see how the Battle between Bruton and Kenny Nowling of the ADRL shapes out? They are running Dragstock the same weekend, how far is the Rock from Concord?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back