Worst Movie of All Time? (1 Viewer)

Joker

Nitro Member
Since we are on the bad songs/wussiest movies, how about the worst movie ever?

My vote, hands down and I am sure if there is anyone who seen it besides me will agree:

Solaris with George Clooney a couple of years ago.

Would someone else who watched it, or tried to watch it, please tell me WTF its about? Cause I actually stayed the whole time and didnt get it. We started with about 30 people in the theatre and ended with 4. My wife and I and another stupid couple.

Two come to mind for me:

Billy Bathgate, and the only movie I"ve ever walked out on: American Beauty.
Got my money back too!
:D

Does anybody remember Ishtar? Called the Biggest Box office Bomb ever! Last Action Hero another one.

DodgeBall and most of ben stiller movies.

Anchorman and most of will Ferrel movies. He was good on snl though.

Most of the movies coming out of hollywood these days are total crap and a waste money.

Fresh horses
Accidental tourist.
Ishtar was the biggest flop in movie history. But was it really the worst? Last action hero cannot be named because it had such a rockin' soundtrack.

Never seen most of the ones mentioned so far.

For me "Pluto Nash" with Eddie Murphy comes to mind. I watched it on DVD a few years ago, and I'm still mad that I did!:mad: :mad: Talk about CRAP!

Plan 9 From outer Space
Plot Outline: Aliens resurrect dead humans as zombies and vampires to stop human kind from creating the Solaranite (a sort of sun-driven bomb). (from IMDB.com)

Last edited:
I'll probably catch hell for this, but oh well...

Pure Country with George Strait -Let me say that I used to be a HUGE George Strait fan. I couldn't get enough of the guy so when I heard about this movie coming out I just HAD to go to the theatre to see it. What an extreme let down. I didn't expect the guy to perform with movie star quality, but I did expect A LOT more than what I got. I can't believe the editors let any of his scenes out of the cutting room.

Last edited:
<sigh> When I married #1, Pure Country had just come out. Have I mentioned he was a redneck? ;) Anyway....we searched and searched for I Cross My Heart for our dance at our reception. Well, it came out just in time. :rolleyes:

Mine too Kelly!
How about Howard The Duck?
No Retreat - No Surrender - J.C. Van Damme could fight well but the acting was beyond embarrassing! (Even worse than it is now!)

DodgeBall and most of ben stiller movies.

Anchorman and most of will Ferrel movies. He was good on snl though.

Most of the movies coming out of hollywood these days are total crap and a waste money.

You are out of your mind. If you have a movie with any combination of Ben Stiller, Owen Wilson, Luke Wilson, Vince Vaughn, Will Farrell and Steve Carell you have a really good movie on your hands. The list is staggering:

Anchorman
Zoolander
Wedding Crashers
Something About Mary
Old School
Dodgeball
40 Year Old Virgin
The Royal Tenenbaums

Those 8 movies are staples in my cable television viewing, but Anchorman is the funniest movie since Airplane!

I do agree that most movies coming out of Hollywood are complete crap. Case in point: "RV" that movie is a complete clunker.

I will say that HALF of the Stiller, Ferrell, Wilson's, Vaughn, and Carrells movies are good. All of them arent great. Some are good, some are really stupid. Zoolander IMHO sucks. Something about Mary was ok. Didnt see the Royal Tennebaums so dont know but it didnt apparently strike my fancy since I didnt see it. Dodgeball was ok. But I will give you Anchorman, Old School, and Wedding Crashers. They were funny and worth seeing.

Certain movies will never win academy awards for acting, best picture, or any of the sort. But deserve their due reward. The simple brainless comedies are certainly atop that list. They do everything I want from a move. To entertain me.
Sure, there are better written, acted, etc. But I just love brainless comedies. ie. Adam Sandler, Leslie Nielson, Charlie Sheen, Ben Stiller and the above listed.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back