Talledega Nights (1 Viewer)

Joker

Nitro Member
Well, I'll start off by saying, I was a little disappointed. The movie was funny as hell but there were some really stupid parts, especially all the gay parts. It was ok. I would give it a 6 out of 10 because it kept you entertained and you sure didnt have to think about what was going to happen. It would have been a better rental for most probably but its worth seeing. And I am a Will Farrell fan. But there were some people in theatre afterwards saying how great it was, so maybe it was just me b/c I thought it would be a lot better or something.

Yeah, a lot of talk on morning sports radio. Most said is sucked! Their words. I"ll probably wait until it's on Movie Channels. Could this be the movie where Will "jumps the shark". (reference to Happy Days episoide).
I thought Anchorman was his best work.

I think that anyone who is a race fan is going to be somewhat disappointed because of the ridiculousness of all the race sequences. If you can disconnect what you know about racing in general and NASCAR in particular, you will enjoy the movie much more. For me, I thought it was hilarious and the people I saw it with liked it even more than I did, and I think it is because they are not race fans.

If you are looking for a well documented race film, this will disappoint beyond measure but if you are looking for an hour & 1/2 long SNL skit that works this will do. We are still laughing about some segments however it's nothing I'll need to pay to see again, that's for sure.

I think Travolta is a great 'bad guy'.....imho. :) I like Shirley MacLaine as Miss Ellie.

Well, our family night consisted of "Taladega Nights" followed by In-N-Out Burger. As I said in another thread, the movie took a close second to the food.

I went to see it last night(For Free!), and while I agree there were some funny parts, I'm sick of Hollywood's Crammin the whole Queer thing down our throats!

One of my husband's co-workers said that if you're a fan of Will Ferrell, you'll love the movie, otherwise you will be disappointed.

Even though I don't follow NASCAR, I know enough about motorsports that I had to consciously turn on the 'willing suspension of disbelief' in order to fully enjoy the movie...and by 'enjoy' I mean laugh my ass off.

The movie wasn't about NASCAR anymore than Anchorman was about broadcast news in the '70s. Essentially, it's a vehicle for Ferrell to be funny as hell. Nothing more.

And I can't wait for it to come out on DVD.

If you can handle watching a Woody Allen movie, I suggest watching 'Melinda and Melinda' to see Ferrell in a somewhat more inventive storyline. It was part of HBO's On Demand lineup on Comcast over the weekend.

So, wait...are y'all saying that a NASCAR race is nothing like that? :D

I actually believe that the people that make these movies expect you to have a sense of humor.

Jeez..Will Ferrell is a crackup. It's supposed to be entertainment..not an expose on Nascar..or any social redeeming value.

I totally understand that it's not to be taken seriously.

I enjoy entertainment..!! Make me laugh eh??

I actually believe that the people that make these movies expect you to have a sense of humor.

Jeez..Will Ferrell is a crackup. It's supposed to be entertainment..not an expose on Nascar..or any social redeeming value.

I totally understand that it's not to be taken seriously.

I enjoy entertainment..!! Make me laugh eh??

Maybe we've all inhaled too much nitro and it literally vaporized our funny bones...

;)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back