Where to find teams looking for sponsors? (1 Viewer)

mike

Nitro Member
Where does someone go if they have sponsorship money to spend? Is there an established website, message board, forum, or equivalent where interested business marketeers/promoters can look for potential sponsorship opportunities? Drag racing is fine, but other motorsports could be in play. In short, is there an Internet resource where sponsors can find racers? I did a lot of searching and all I could come up with was sponsorracecars.com, however the site does not look to be well maintained or up to date.

My apologies if this is not the appropriate forum. I know there's a lot of knowledgable folks here who can likely point me in the right direction.

Where does someone go if they have sponsorship money to spend? Is there an established website, message board, forum, or equivalent where interested business marketeers/promoters can look for potential sponsorship opportunities? Drag racing is fine, but other motorsports could be in play. In short, is there an Internet resource where sponsors can find racers? I did a lot of searching and all I could come up with was sponsorracecars.com, however the site does not look to be well maintained or up to date.

My apologies if this is not the appropriate forum. I know there's a lot of knowledgable folks here who can likely point me in the right direction.
If you wanna spend your sponsorship dollars in the best place possible contact Doug Stringer at Stringer Performance.He is Clay Millicans car owner,and if want a driver to represent your company the best way possible then you won't find anyone better than Clay.Call Doug and he can lead you in the right direction.Hope this helps.

NHRA marketing can direct you to a driver/team. I know when I was looking for info they were very helpful. They also may be interested in having sponsors for them. Of course you could pick some crazy guy from a message board and let him live his dream :)

Just look out for the following team owners:

1) owner wraps his car in Lucas colors to attract sponsorship. After a pass, being watched by said potential sponsor, pulls the chutes that say Prolong across the back.

2) owner who has successful meetings with UPS, is asked for a proposal, which arrives via FedEx

3) best one ever; owner who sees a potential sponsor and puts his people together to draft a letter to the company, stating his race team can provide better ROI than the existing team....problem was, the potential sponsor was owned and operated by the race team owner/driver....duh LOL!

2) owner who has successful meetings with UPS, is asked for a proposal, which arrives via FedEx

Pete,
I think it was even worse than as you described. It was the team's signed acceptance contract (deal was done!) that arrived at UPS via FedEx.

I'm thinking you could probably stop by ANY pit and find someone willing to take your money! :D

There are some PR people around here that can link you up as well. PM me and I can send send you some names.

Mike; this is a fan board. I don't think you will make any progress here.

NHRA marketing can direct you to a driver/team. I know when I was looking for info they were very helpful. They also may be interested in having sponsors for them. Of course you could pick some crazy guy from a message board and let him live his dream :)

I am sure NHRA Could direct you to a team/Driver, However they will most likely direct you to NHRA. Their hand will be out first.

To find a team looking for a sponsor you go to an active drag strip and walk through the gate to the pits. Everyone inside that fenced area who has a racecar is looking for a sponsor.

If you wanna spend your sponsorship dollars in the best place possible contact Doug Stringer at Stringer Performance.He is Clay Millicans car owner,and if want a driver to represent your company the best way possible then you won't find anyone better than Clay.Call Doug and he can lead you in the right direction.Hope this helps.

Boy, let me second that. You will not find a more fan friendly and likable good guy than Clay. He represents sponsors very well.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back