Vegas Going 4 Wide (1 Viewer)

Well that won't take long to complete .... the place was designed for 4 lanes, they just never poured the two to the right of the current ones. If that helps fill the stands for the spring race, I guess I don't see why not. I don't love it, but I don't hate it either. Like all things, you are either moving forward, or you are moving backwards.

Hopefully the stockholders in Speedway Motorsports, Inc. will question that "investment" - driven by ego. Or, he can threaten to move the track up the road to Utah. :confused:

Past 12 Months Corporate Performance

Sales $480.97 Mil
Income -3.22 Mil

I'll swim upstream on this one. Although I very much disliked the TV coverage of previous 4-wide races at Charlotte my son and I would love to see 4-wide in person (at least once) and Vegas is a lot closer to Oregon that Charlotte is!

I'll swim upstream on this one. Although I very much disliked the TV coverage of previous 4-wide races at Charlotte my son and I would love to see 4-wide in person (at least once) and Vegas is a lot closer to Oregon that Charlotte is!

I was intrigued enough to go check it out in person, didn't like it. Thought it might play better on TV, nope. I don't even bother to dvr it anymore

Well, I knew it was too good to be true. We (me and the Mrs. Robslob) could go to Vegas and do the fall race, wedding aniversary, and SEMA show all in just a few days. Doubt if we can make it this year and I am against the 4 wide fuel race. It may never happen....

O-Boy... Yet another Circus not to watch... I'd go sit at a mail box on a desert highway before I'd ever go to a Smith owned track...

d'kid

I wonder how long Smith thinks it will take to break even on this investment. I like two cars only there is to much going on with four. This is going to be his I told you so moment and it's his drag strip. I've been to ever race there except the first spring race this could be a game changer for me and like a friend of mine was told a long time ago you're just five bucks don't care if you show up or not.

Come on Karl, wasn't it you that said you would never be back to the matter?!? And posted it on another "web- site".

Because of the NEW XenForo ....and less then 24hrs. you were back posting.

If history repeats itself, you will first in line for ticket's.

Seriously, there are two Smith tracks within a 5 hour drive, and no, I will not go to either one... Just Like I have never gone to the 'Parking Lot'... and no, I don't post a tenth of what I used to, ask Ray G., lost too much personal stuff on the reboot...

d'kid

I guess Bruton has gotta do something to prop up the Spring race. I am not worried about the Fall race as it is a "Countdown" race ... And the best race on the tour IMO. I am not wild about 4 Wide, but at least they are trying something to increase the Spring event rather than just shutting the event down. Now if Bruton would build a drag strip at Kentucky Motor Speedway instead, he would really be onto something.

I don't like it. Drag Racing is meant to be one against one, mono e mono. This four wide crap takes away the excitement of the rivalries and the stating line strategies. When you have rivalries like Enders/Connolly, J. Force/C. Pedregon and Kalitta/Brown, having two other cars on the track waters it down. Imagine Snake & Mongoose four wide? Just doesn't work for me. Sorry!!! Also, you're screwing the crowd out of half the races. I'm just glad my nearest track Norwalk doesn't to that. They don't have the space and I'm glad.

Good move by Bruton - it will bring something new and different to a city that thrives on the new and spectacular.

I was around back in the day when tracks were built on farm land littered with cow paddies and out houses, but give me a modern Bruton Smith track anytime to spectate at or compete on. They are clean, with modern indoor plumbing, comfortable seating, easy access to enter and exit, good racing surfaces and competent management.

.......I was around back in the day when tracks were built on farm land littered with cow paddies and out houses, but give me a modern Bruton Smith track anytime to spectate at or compete on. They are clean, with modern indoor plumbing, comfortable seating, easy access to enter and exit, good racing surfaces and competent management.

I agree that those are nice amenities to have....just leave it to two wide. Why ruin the masterpiece.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back