TPed 2011 sponsor? (1 Viewer)

Gutter Brain

Nitro Member
Did I hear in one of the qualifying shows TPed say that he will have a huge announcement at Charlotte? Was I hearing things? I figured someone would have brought it up on here.
Does anyone have guesses on who the new sponsor is going to be?

I heard it too. He mentioned that it was a "company that moves the earth" looking to enter the NHRA demographic. Given his sponsorship with Herzog, I was wondering about a Caterpillar/Komatsu or the like.

Maybe I'm just reading into it too much, though. At any rate, I'll be thrilled to hear that ANYBODY is getting a new deal in this day and age, and I'll be happy for TPed for sure!

Caterpillar is my guess. They've been involved with drag racing before (Rod Fuller) and Pedregon did say the sponsor and the announcement will 'move the earth'..;)

You beat my post by a minute, Carl. Funny we were thinking the same thing though. Holeshot win for you :)

I heard it too. He mentioned that it was a "company that moves the earth" looking to enter the NHRA demographic. Given his sponsorship with Herzog, I was wondering about a Caterpillar/Komatsu or the like.

Maybe I'm just reading into it too much, though. At any rate, I'll be thrilled to hear that ANYBODY is getting a new deal in this day and age, and I'll be happy for TPed for sure!

You guys are good. I couldn't remember the "move the earth" line. TPed does have Komatsu on the spill plates now. So, that could be. Gallery - Category: Nitro Funny Car - Picture: dsa_7656

I was hoping somebody would start this thread. I heard his comments and it sounded like it could be a pretty big deal for him. Hopefully it works out. :cool:

I was hoping somebody would start this thread. I heard his comments and it sounded like it could be a pretty big deal for him. Hopefully it works out. :cool:
I figured someone else would too. Finally just did it myself.

60 seconds is a pretty big holeshot win...were you camping out, or what? :D
I have heard of napping on the line, but yea sounds like he had a tent, and a campfire going here. ;)

although I'm not a T Ped fan it's good to see that he will be able to stay out there for the next year(s) I don't like seeing short fields.

Tony's a very passionate racer, and as mentioned, it would be great to hear about him, and anybody else, getting a deal for next year.

Does anyone know If the Bernsteins have a deal for next year,I thought the Copart deal was for one year-I could be wrong though.

I bet its Kotmatsu,Great I hope Tony stays out there!!! Wonder if his Bro has sponsor with snap on????

So once he gets this new sponsor, does that mean he will no longer be worried about how dangerous things are?

Here is a crazy idea-let's wait a few days until Charlotte and let Tony make the announcement himself-then we'll all know!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back