Man Down (1 Viewer)

yoda

Nitro Member
Prayers and good thoughts please for my crew chief and friend, Wayne "Wayno" Bukovinsky, who was injured this weekend in a motorcycling accident in upstate New York, and is currently being kept in a controled coma state until the swelling on his brain receeds. His injuries also include punctured lungs and multiple broken bones, from the reports that I have recieved from the owner of the company that supplies the lighting for my tours.

Pomona08895-1.jpg

Wayno (seen on the right, with audio tech Jim Good at Pomona 08)

Wayno, an avid Harley man and retired Navy veteran, joined me at Pomona this year for his first ever National event, when we "borrowed" our tour bus and with a little help from friends, enjoyed a very special day of racing for a couple of first-timers. I wish I had a picture of his face when the first pair of nitro cars came past, as well as when we were at the 1000 foot mark when TPed had his boomer. Needless to say, Wayno was hooked as a fan, and would make sure that the TiVo on the bus was programmed whenever the drags were on while I was running a show. :)

As well as becoming a new fast friend, Wayno accomplished taking new crews daily on our tour and getting the best out of them to have my rig up and working at 100% every day, and in the live entertainment business, that makes his talents on par with Alan Johnson for his skills.

Please keep him and his wife of 20+ years (a huge rarety in this business) and children in your thoughts and prayers, and wish for a complete and speedy recovery. Thanks.

Martin

Last edited:
Martin, I am so sorry to hear this. There is nothing like having a "right hand man"! You and Wayne are in my prayers! If you need to talk, you have my number.

Stay safe out there my friend!

Suz

Martin,

A bit(h to hear about this... Lighting candles for Wayno, his wife and Kids.
Give my love to his family

Karl

Martin.......I echo everyones thoughts and prayers. Here's wishing a speedy and FULL recovery for Wayne!!!!

Late..........Mitch

Martin, it's sad to hear about your buddy. I'll have him in my prayers. Hang in there and be a strength for him and his family until he can resume his fatherly duties. Please keep us updated as to his progress as well.

Prayers said.

Any friend of Martin's is a friend of ours.

Fight the good fight Wayne-O!

Thank you everyone... Latest report is the doctors are waiting on his lung injuries to stabilize before they go after the small blood clot in his brain.

Wayno's a strong guy- I'm sure all your prayers are being heard, and I really do thank everyone here for being so caring. You guys are the best...

Our thoughts are with your buddy and his family, here's hoping he gets well soon, and you can get him to another race.

No new news... His boss at Creative Stage Lighting has me on speed dial for any news. Updates may be slow coming, which is good, 'cause it just gives him more recovery time.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back