Some thoughts on the reasons for existing NHRA rules... (1 Viewer)

I'd love to get together. Let me know at <email> please. It would be my pleasure to buy your lunch! I ive in Conway, just a 20-minute drive from Little Rock.

Bill

Oh man, probably shouldn't have publically exposed your email, Bill. A private message would've been better. This site is scanned by robots and your email address will now show up in google searches, so I expect you to get waaaaaay more spam now

Tom, I never seem to have a problem with that. My "junk mail" folder gets a workout, but, does the job if protecting my inbox from unwanted trash very effectively, or always has... at least, so far. I'll let you know if this time's the exception....... it may well be.

Thanks for the heads-up!

Bill

I do recall something about Garlits' being grandfathered in. Rod Fuller never ran his in competition that I remember, but did test it at Firebird during the winter test and at Gainesville after the Gatornationals in 2007. I don't think the Clay Millican/Mike Klober monostrut ever made the track.
Here are some articles and pictures from back in the day...
http://www.dragracecentral.com/DRCStory.asp?ID=128868
http://www.competitionplus.com/featured-stories/1600-mono-strutting-their-stuff
Interesting controversy here. Also it was noted that this new design was not approved, but would be given the potential to.

img_5664.jpg
JD_Fuller_monostrut.jpg

How about this rule: The elimination of A/FC from the rulebook years ago. Not sure why it happened, because I think it was eliminated even before injected fuel dragsters became competitive in TAD. Now, you might say that NHRA doesn't need the parity headache. But, after years and years of work at it, the BADs and A/FDs are pretty darn close, with each combo doing better than the other under certain conditions. I think NHRA could get a rule package for an injected nitro FC that would be close right off the bat, and could tweak it as needed, like in TAD. How many think having injected Nitro FCs would be a cool addition to the Alky FC class? I do! I remember as a kid they were part of the landscape, with several circuits made up of these cars. And of course, Ken Veney had a badass Vega in Pro Comp before going blown alky. NHRA really markets Nitro, maybe now is the time to bring back another fuel class.

Why did A/FC ally cars get banned.... Two words Brad Anderson.

He didn't want to compete against them so he lobbied to get them banned. Absolute shame as they would be super cool just like A/FD are in my opinion.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back