So what's a "MATER?" (1 Viewer)

Tim5636sc

Nitro Member
Howdy Ya'll...... I'm Timmah!

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x166/tim5636sc/timmahjackandwally.jpg

That's me, next to Jack, when he won up here in Denver. After this picture was taken, I stole his Wally and took it to Jenna and Jason Beckman in their RV, then took them to the winners celebration! It was a great weekend that I'll never forget!

It is good to finally be here on "NITRO-MATER". Let me introduce myself to ya'll!

I grew up in So Cal. My 1st Drag Racing experience was a Friday Night Fox hunt at Orange County International Raceway, when I was 5 years old. I remember that night, because it was the 1st time I actually SMELLED NITRO! I was hooked! My Dad used to race a 1965 Barracuda in Pro ET in (ORIGINALLY DIVISION 6, but currently Division 7). My Dad also raced back in the mid-late 60's in Modified Eliminator. MY Grandfather was a participant at the "SANTA ANA DRAGS", which was the 1st organinzed Drag Race back in 1951. So, that makes me a 3rd generation Drag Racer.

As I grew up, My dad was the crew cheif of a Super Pro/Top Alcohol Dragster team from Oceanside, Ca. The Woodard Brothers owned the "ALCOHOL ABUSE" dragster, which won many Bracket Races at Riverside, OCIR and Carlsbad Raceway back in the 80's. I joined that team, when I was 8, and combined with Phil Woodard's Son, Brad, we became the "PLEDGE PUKES". Our Job, was to clean the car before each race, before each round, and it was ALWAYS one of the cleanest cars out there! As we got older, our reponcibilities became more IMPORTANT. We started working on the Engines at Monte Woodard's MACHINE TECH shop. By the time I was 16, I was now the left side engine guy, Brad on the right. 1,8,4,3,6,5,7,2 was in my sleep! By the time I was 18, Brad became the driver, and I became the crew cheif. We also had a Jr. Fuel Dragster and a Blown 23T Altered on the team. In 1996, I left the team, and moved to Colorado, to follow my Business apsirations. While in Colorado, I met John Bandimere Jr. After talking for a few hours, he offered me a Job, working on the Starting line crew for NHRA at the MILE HIGH NATIONALS. I have done this ever since the 1997 Mile High Nationals. In 2003, I saved up a few thousand Dollars and attended Frank Hawley's Drag Racing School in pomona California. I took the Gas Dragster course, and Took to driving like a duck to water. I had Reaction times of .503, .504, .507, .499, .511, and .508 in my 6 runs. This was on a Dragster with a 2" offset on the front wheels and leaving off a 2,500 rpm chip. It was also the place I reconnected with my Old Friend Jack Beckman. At the school, he was my teacher, but as we spent more time talking, we became good friends. I got my competition license in (6) runs, and proudly became a Licensed Driver in the NHRA. I took that license application and submitted for Comp # 5636. The "5" of course for living in Denver, and the "636" was my Dad's Competition Number in the OLD DIVISION "6".

Since licensing, I have been a "TEST" driver for many Div 5 teams in both super comp trim and Recently Competition Eliminator Dragsters, (I recently Upgraded my license to 3A or Advanced ET). I have driven Front Motored 1968 Chassis Injected Alcohol Nostalgia Dragsters, to BRAND NEW UNDERCOVER SWING ARM Cars. I have also made over 1000 runs in Door Cars down the 1/4 mile. Over this past year, I have been searching for a perminate "RIDE" in either a Top Alcohol Dragster or Top Fuel Dragster. My GOAL is to race Top Fuel by the start of the 2011 season. I usually Attend (5) Races every year, Both Pomona Races and Both Vegas Events, as well as working the starting line crew for NHRA at the mile high nationals.

I think you'll find that I'm a very positive person. I very rarely get "PISSED" about anything, and I truly believe that the purpose and Mission of NHRA is to provide all Racing enthusiest with a safe place to race, and I am very passionate about our sport. I look forward to contributing to this Site, and learning as much as I possibly can from all of you!

Timothy W. Charlet
Charlet Motorsports
Thornton, Colorado USA

Not true Deby, I read the headline of all of them and usually the intro just to get the idea....

CJ Curtsinger

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back